Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31476
Position Title: PreSales Support Engineer 2
Informatica APJ Solution CoE Team is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting Informatica’s Sales Consulting Field Team in Asia Pacific and Japan. The team constantly works to provide thought leading solutions across the complete product portfolio of Informatica. We take our deep technical product expertise, combine it with the product solution knowledge across our team, to build solutions for business challenges that allow customers to grow and get the most out of Informatica solutions by working with us and the respective Sales Consulting Teams of Informatica.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You’re technically proficient on managing and maintaining multiple environments, preferably in Cloud Hosted environments and / or platforms like AWS, Azure. You have consistently pushed to bring efficiency to managing such environments by templatizing or automating various aspects of your tasks. You have the patience and passion to guide our Technical Team members across Asian Pacific and Japan through usage of all the capabilities of the hosting platforms in cloud environments like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud. You’re working with various teams within Informatica that include R&D, Global Customer Support and field sales to build tooling that can ease deployment and proofing of Informatica products. You’re willing to listen, ask the right questions and take the time to provide solutions where needed. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently.
As an influential and effective teacher, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. If your team members or customers are in remote locations, you are comfortable with travel in order to engage face-to-face.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build tools that will ease the installation and configuration of Informatica and other software to support POCs, custom demos and workshops.
- Create and maintain automated capabilities to accelerate daily tasks such as building, monitoring and governing environments in AWS, Azure, Goggle Cloud and other platforms.
- Handle requests from sales staff for creating custom environments on the cloud. This involves creating copies of existing template machines and customizing those machines for the requested purpose.
- Create Web Portals / Enhance Existing Portal UI’s to ease usage and administration of environments on the Cloud Ecosystems
- Likely administer the various cloud environments used across all the regions
- Document and provide guidance to sales staff in how to use the environments.
- Troubleshooting network and security connectivity between various technologies.
- Knowledge on Java Coding at preferably an intermediate level
- Knowledge of basic Web Page development and preferably API knowledge of ecosystems like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Exposure to Informatica products is desirable
- Strong scripting skills with Linux Bash and other scripting languages including maintaining and developing new scripts to automate complex, parameterized processes.
- Demonstrates hands on administration skills on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud (preferably Azure or AWS), Linux, Windows – basic admin skills
- Exercise sound judgment within generally defined practices and policies when selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS Degree or equivalent
- Experience in virtualization technologies and how they work.
- Basic knowledge of databases
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Infra specialist
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SA1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN