Sr. Director of Product Management
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 31524
Position Title: Senior Director, Product Mgmt
Sr. Director of Product Management,
The Cloud Integration Solutions Sr Director of Product Management is a leadership role that is focused on looking across all functions at Informatica to help define and drive the Cloud Integration solutions and grow the business for the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud. This role will focus on evaluating the market and understanding the needs with new cloud buyers including expanding data integration and analytics roles within corporations leading to expanding market opportunities for Informatica products.
The role will be a strategic leadership role and need to drive influence and execution across the organization. This role will work closely with engineering, marketing, sales, and support to define and execute end-to-end product and go to market strategies. As a leader in product strategy development & execution, a candidate should have experience analyzing market, industry and competitive data to identify and prioritize market opportunities to accelerate revenue and increase market share and profitability.
- In this newly created role, you will help shape the direction of Informatica Cloud Integration products and go to market that enables us to further our leadership position in a highly competitive and rapidly changing market.
- Lead the market/technology research developing a deep understanding of the technology, market, and competitors and developing product and go to market strategies that include key product led selling and helping shape marketing and sales goals and plans.
- Establish key relationships with ecosystem partners and collaborate to define joint products and solutions that uniquely differentiate Informatica products and partner offering(s)
- Evangelize the platform representing Informatica at industry events and with customers, prospects, partners as well as internal groups such as R&D, product marketing, Sales, Technical Sales, and Customer Support
- Work with R&D organizations driving product requirements and ensuring timely release of products and solutions, managing the complete life cycle of products/ modules you are responsible for
- Work with Sales and Marketing to drive segmentation and routes to market to hit target buyers and personas.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision, and the drive to make the dream a reality
- You enjoy spending time understanding the market and technology shifts, understanding customer problems, synthesizing needs, and defining innovative products and solutions
- You have relevant experience and knowledge of Data Integration solutions, cloud native product strategy and solid understanding or the cloud provider environment including go to market strategies
- You are comfortable being hands-on in fast-moving and rapidly changing technologies and products.
- You can articulate the value proposition/story at varying depth depending upon audience types – Integration Experts, Customers, Partners, Decision Makers, Business, Sales and Industry Analysts
- You enjoy working with people as well as new products and technologies; you like owning the definition, product requirements (PRD), delivery, and success of the product/solution through the entire life cycle
- You are a leader who will make things happen working collaboratively with various cross-functional teams within and outside the organization – architecture, engineering, marketing, sales, and services
As an integral member of the product team, you will be charged with product line success you will:
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to gather and analyze customer problems, use cases, applications usage, gaining a deep understanding of solution/ product requirements
- Perform competitive analysis, market, and industry research and leverage your broad industry experience to help develop new ideas and solutions
- Prioritize product direction by maintaining a detailed product roadmap supported by thorough analysis and competitive positioning
- Lead efforts to define “whole” product requirements and go to market plan including dependencies for the platform, partner product, and market including ecosystem, channel, system integrators, field, etc.
- Manage the entire product/solution life cycle from strategic planning to development to release and go to market of a product, solution, and other required elements for successful outcome driving a cross-functional, cross-organization, and geographically distributed team
- Participate in comprehensive go-to-market plans, working and guiding partner(s) and product and corporate marketing
- Develop and champion product positioning, develop sales strategy, validate market messaging, and evangelize your product offerings both internally and externally
- Contribute and develop various aspects of sales kits, including whitepapers, messaging documents, presentations, and product demonstrations
- Travel (approximately 20-25% both domestic and international) for customer visits, industry conferences, providing thought leadership and evangelism, supporting marketing activities at trade shows, as well as visiting Informatica offices worldwide
Your Qualifications and Experience
- 15+ years in product management or related role.
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 5 years) in leading global geographically – distributed technical product management team or equivalent.
- Ability to establish, communicate and manage work objectives for the team
- Proven ability to lead and mentor and bring out the best in subordinates, creating a high-performing team.
- Prior experience in driving expansion of a software product across technology partner ecosystems and channels
- Experience in driving the success of new and innovative product concepts
- Ability to perform market analysis and competitive analysis and define product requirements, product release plans, and go to market strategies
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
- Ability to articulate and present the product value proposition internally and externally with customers and partners
- Experience with middleware (application development and integration) products and technologies is a plus – Data Integration, ETL, EAI, Enterprise Service Bus, Service Orchestration, BPM, Web and Application Servers, User Interface.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills; solid business acumen; well-honed influencing skills are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building solid relationships, and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team are a must
- Proven organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently required
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical discipline; MBA preferred
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director of Product Management
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JB1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US