Major Account Manager
Multiple Locations: Germany • Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany • Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Job Number: 31526
Position Title: Senior Portfolio Representative
Sales play a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Informatica’s reputation in the marketplace. We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth that a position in Sales affords us.
The Major Account Manager (MAM) role is key to Informatica’s growth strategy to build a high performing channel organization. The Major Account Manager (MAM) will be responsible to drive incremental revenue in assigned territory primarily by leveraging the channel partner network.
The Major Account Manager (MAM) will orchestrate and co-sell with Informatica’s alliance and channel partners to build new business and ensure customer success. In this role you will be responsible to identify and integrate channel partners into your territory plan to ensure strong partner engagement in sales execution. The Major Account Manager (MAM) is responsible for pipeline development activities, opportunity qualification, sales execution, integrate partner expertise and coach partners into sales cycles. You will also work closely with our Partner Sales Managers to match partner to opportunities / accounts, build a robust business plan and assess partner performance / coverage. This is a Direct touch sales role - not a partner manager role.
Our Ideal Candidate
The spirit to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment is at your core. You have experience with structured sales techniques spanning the entire sales cycle, from identification and qualification of opportunities, to business development and order fulfilment. Strong new business sales skills and a demonstrable record of accomplishment with sales campaign delivery are your strong suites.
You understand the importance of a strong partner network to drive incremental revenue and you have strong experience working closely with VAD’s and VAR’s to ensure customer success.
Territory planning and orchestration of the right resources, ranging from marketing, inside sales, business development, presales, professional services, finance, legal, channel partners and partner management is well known to you.
You understand and tactfully respond to customer needs and know the importance of meticulously tracking and monitoring account activity. You consistently apply clear performance standards and handle problems decisively and objectively, while providing sound guidance and assistance to improve the systems and processes.
In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Authoritative business and financial acumen to translate customer requirements into meaningful business recommendations.
- Strong ability to lead, manage or enlist the support of others in the absence of formal authority.
- Strategic thinking around operations and positioning to execute plans, and align others with plans.
- Interpersonal, presentation and written/verbal skills that can influence at senior levels within accounts.
You will develop and execute a territory plan for assigned territory / accounts including identifying clusters and core customer requirements, mapping the benefits of Informatica’s solutions to the business requirements, identify and integrate partner into your territory plan, initiate pipeline development activities. You will take full responsibility for accurate forecasting, regular quarterly revenue delivery, and facilitation of sales enablement and regulate the implementation of agreed territory plan.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with partner management team to align strong partner engagement
- Create and maintain effective partner relationships within assigned territory.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop an effective plan for the accounts, encompassing events, seminars and roadmap sessions.
- Be an Informatica ambassador within accounts, maximizing our brand recognition and mindshare at all levels, evangelizing our solution and publicizing success stories.
- Monitor and report on the level of business with accounts and recommend actions that will enhance the business.
- Analyse competitor activities and factor those in your activities.
- Develop, drive and close business within assigned territory.
Your skills / experience
- 5 or more years of successful software sales, channel sales, industry or solution sales.
- Great knowledge and experience of the DACH market
- Good understanding of channel business with VAD’s, VAR’s, SI’s.
- Experience in selling with and through channel partners.
- Experience selling data management solutions like cloud, data integration or data security.
- Reasonable level of technical understanding.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Major Account Manager
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DS2
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, DE