Lead Software Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Number: 31592
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer in Cloud Application Integration (CAI)
Informatica LLC is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant, and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,350 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off-premise, and in the Cloud.
Informatica’s event-driven and service-oriented application integration (ICAI) capabilities encompass event processing, service orchestration, and process management. These are built on Informatica’s business process management technology. We are a team of product engineers building infrastructure to deliver data and application integration, data management, and data analytics services to customers on the Cloud. The team comprises of diverse, experienced technologists who enjoy working in a fast-paced delivery model with high-performance work culture.
You will be working on our Cloud Application Integration team as a full-stack developer and will be responsible for designing and developing product features and delivering them at high quality. We use cutting-edge Cloud hosting, monitoring and deployment technologies to deliver a world-class, non-disruptive Cloud user experience to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise-class software. You consider yourself a team player that enjoys working on challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast-growing distributed work environment. Your advanced problem-solving skills and technical capability enable you to understand the product quickly, adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. Applying your superior time management skills, you meet deadlines and help your peers meet their goals - setting the example for good work procedures.
As part of the Development team, you will be expected to
- Mentor and work with junior engineers to deliver features end-to-end
- Proactively identifying architectural and implementation weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Working closely with architects, development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Develop excellent understanding in breadth and depth of Informatica's products and contribute to future product road-map and goals
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Context-switch quickly to react to customer issues and changing requirements
- Do what it takes to make the product work end-to-end including managing source code, enabling build infrastructure and enabling QA
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 6+ years of professional software development experience in User Interface technologies
- Excellent java server programming skills, in a large system/application environment including the practical knowledge of availability, scalability, clustering, multi-threaded development and performance design patterns
- Excellent Java web application development experience
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting abilities
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology and software development process (SDLC)
- Experience with one of the major database platforms (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Experience with Cloud based application/platform is a plus
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments
- Ability to prioritize tasks, track and deliver on-time
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Ability to work with customers, developers, documentation, product management and support staff
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed.
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical and retirement programs, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA