Lead Software Engineer- Java (5-8 Yrs)
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31593
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
The Enterprise Data Catalog team is part of Informatica’s Core Metadata Group. Enterprise Data Catalog is Informatica's machine-learning-based data catalog that lets you classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software to join the CMG group in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development and delivery of strategic connectors that bring in core metadata from external systems to EDC. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent coding skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Write high quality code
- Gather and translate broad requirements into functional and design specifications
- Develop excellent understanding of the products and contribute to future product roadmap and goals
- Mentor and work with junior engineers to deliver features end-to-end
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Conduct technical job interviews.
- Do what it takes to make a cloud application work end-to-end: handle customer and production issues, manage source code, enable build infrastructure, review test plans and work with QA to ensure good quality
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline from top tier engineering schools
- 5 to 8 years’ experience developing complex enterprise software
- Solid understanding of user interaction patterns and best practices
- Strong coding and code design skills. Good understanding of common code and design patterns.
- Competence in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Energetic and motivated self-starter
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer- Java (5-8 Yrs)
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN