User Experience Designer
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • San Francisco, California, United States
Job Number: 31600
Position Title: User Experience Designer
Alternative Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Cary, North Carolina, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
User Experience Designer
We are currently looking for a User Experience Designer to help us create product experiences that re-imagine master data management (MDM) on the cloud.
The Informatica User Experience (UX) team propels the design and usability of a broad spectrum of data integration and data management products. We are a globally diverse, world-class group of designers and researchers responsible for shaping user experiences and innovation initiatives company-wide. We are creative, collaborative, and fun to work with, and believe in recruiting the best. We care deeply about work-life balance and growing careers.
Our Ideal Candidate
As a User Experience Designer, you'll be responsible for enhancing and extending the user experience for Informatica MDM Business 360 solutions. The User Experience Designer will collaborate with UX team members, and cross-functional teams to produce engaging and compelling user interface and user experience designs for these solutions. This is the role for you if you: love to learn new domains and solving complex design problems; can empathize with business users and challenges; passionate about how data informs design, and understand user experience principles and interaction design criteria to create a cohesive experience across an array of software product experiences.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
The ideal candidate will work at our Redwood City, CA campus and will be responsible for:
- Working with senior designers, user researchers, and product managers to unpack user journeys and goals to identify requirements and co-create user stories
- Creating task flows, storyboards, interaction designs, and prototypes
- Crafting pixel-perfect mockups by using your creativity and following the design system, delivering detailed design specs and assets to engineering teams
- Verifying implementation quality, and tracking success metrics
- Support in user research and design validation activities
- Synthesizing results from user research into coherent designs
- Participating in stakeholder interviews and design workshops
- Fostering a fun, creative, collaborative spirit
- 2+ years of experience designing user interfaces and user experiences for web-based products
- Must have an online portfolio showcasing your design talent and skills in design and process including examples
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, CS, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design
- or related discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of user-centered design in software product development
- Proven ability to generate end-to-end designs from task flows to interaction design detailing and mockups
- Good understanding of UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Proven effectiveness working in cross-functional teams that include product management, engineering, QA, documentation, and other UX professionals
- Demonstrated proficiency with common wireframing and prototyping tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, etc.
- Awareness of user-research methods, analytics, and other insights to guide product design direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: User Experience Designer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US