Product Marketing Manager
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31617
Position Title: Product Marketing Manager 3
Product Marketing Manager for Data Governance Solutions
Informatica’s industry leading product marketing team has played a critical role in driving the marketing strategy behind the company’s undisputed leadership across multiple market categories. In addition to being a highly cohesive team, it is a group of fun, smart, nimble, multi-talented, and high-energy individuals, focused on driving impact for sales, ensuring our customers are successful and influencing overall market leadership for Informatica. Each member of our team owns a strategic part of the business and has specific areas of responsibility in multiple areas such as market strategy, competitive positioning, solutions messaging & positioning, market analysis, content production, sales training, and storytelling. Many members of our team are seen as leading subject matter experts in the industry.
Are you a self-motivated marketer, passionate about creating and driving market growth for innovative products and solutions that disrupt industries by accelerating the data-driven digital transformation of our customers? Then, this is the role of a lifetime that you should consider. You will be a key member of the team and will drive product marketing for our industry-leading data governance solutions. You will work cross-functionally with product management, sales, partner and alliance teams, as well as cross-functional groups within marketing, to drive key deliverables to support sales enablement, demand generation, and thought leadership.
You will contribute to all aspects of product marketing – defining market strategies; creating sleek, provocative, and brilliant messaging and positioning; authoring compelling digital content; evangelizing data governance solutions through social media, with analysts, and press; enabling sales and partner alliances; executing customer adoption marketing plans; and showcasing customer success stories. You will help communicate through various channels how companies can succeed with Informatica’s data governance solutions to achieve their business goals.
Informatica is the leader in enterprise cloud data management and we’re taking the company to the next level from a $1B to $3B company. How often do you have the opportunity to work for an innovative billion-dollar start-up having the stability of a mature company with thousands of customers already in production that you can cross-sell and up-sell to along with an extensive partner eco-system to drive new business?
Our Ideal Candidate
Data is quickly becoming the fuel for the new economy and Informatica is leading the way with an intelligent data management cloud platform that is powered by AI to automate data-driven decision making. To ensure that those decisions are reliable, data must first be trusted and a foundation of data governance is essential. That’s where you come into the picture as a high energy and passionate change agent increasing our brand perception, pipeline, and customer success for Informatica’s data governance solutions.
You have a lot of energy matched with superb communication skills. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You have demonstrated strong leadership and project management experience including the ability to independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate programs. You will also:
- Be well versed or familiar with data management and related technologies such as data governance, data cataloging, metadata management, AI & machine learning, analytics and Cloud
- Message and market to CDOs, data architects, analysts, data scientists, data governance program owners, and data stewards
- Drive new business through the partner eco-system
- Help companies adopt data governance solutions both on-premises and in the Cloud
- Be persuasive with written and verbal communication skills
- Have great interpersonal skills and intrinsic enthusiasm that allow you to build strong relationships with co-workers and with customers and partners
- Think out-of-the-box and bring a creative flair to product positioning and marketing campaigns
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Marketing for the Data Quality and Governance product portfolio, you will be based in Bangalore, India and will:
- Collaborate with product management, sales, regional marketing, partner alliances and other functions to develop and execute the marketing strategy for Informatica’s data governance business and serve as the voice of the market for product strategy development
- Be a strategic team leader and mentor
- Be a Go-To-Market expert for Informatica’s data governance solutions
- Develop product positioning and messaging that effectively differentiates Informatica’s data governance solutions from the competition
- Work with customers to develop compelling assets that tell the story of their success with our products and solutions
- Ensure customers are successful in cloud deployments with our products by focusing on customer adoption marketing techniques
- Deliver a complete bill of materials of content including presentations, briefs, FAQs, demos, guides and related collateral that enable the sales process from lead generation to deal close
- Serve as a subject matter expert to enable the sales team to effectively articulate the value of Informatica’s data governance solutions to prospects as well as actively participate in deals and customer meetings
- Develop thought leadership content to accelerate customer and industry awareness, and adoption of Informatica’s data governance solutions, such as case studies, white papers, blog posts etc.
- Work with Corporate Marketing and Regional Marketing globally to develop campaign strategy to rapidly drive awareness and build pipeline
- Evangelize our products and best practices via marketing events, webinars, social media and other channels
- Serve as spokesperson with press, analysts and at industry events
- Develop and drive the complete launch plan for new products
- 3 or more years of product marketing experience with a track record of delivering compelling, breakthrough content in an enterprise software environment
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of data governance solutions, customer pain points, competition and trends
- Experience with content development for complex products sold to IT or other technical buyers as well as line of business buyers is strongly desired
- Exceptional written and verbal skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills, especially the ability to convert complex ideas into simple messages
- Proven ability to participate in and influence cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with peer and senior technical customer users/buyers to solicit and synthesize customer and market feedback for actionable recommendations on positioning, messaging and product features
- Ability to create data-driven go-to-market plans and adjust based on data analysis, market feedback and corporate strategy evolution
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling and creative content that stands out
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA a plus
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, accelerates data-driven digital transformation by enabling companies to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities and create new innovations. With 100 percent focus on everything data, the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform is the industry’s most complete and modular solution, built on a microservices architecture. With over 9,000 customers worldwide, Informatica allows organizations to unleash the power of data.
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement program, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica, you can learn more about our company, and our products and services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). #LIMP
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Product Marketing Manager
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN