Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31673
Position Title: Manager, Development
Informatica’s Cloud Platform is the foundation on which all Informatica products – the data processing applications that comprise the Enterprise Cloud Data Management Portfolio and the metadata catalog fueling their intelligence -- are built. We are looking for an Engineering Manager / Senior Manager R&D who will lead a team of highly talented developers, driving and delivering this cutting-edge platform working closely with product managers, support, pre-sales and professional services. This is your opportunity to accelerate and deliver a highly scalable cloud platform leveraging the latest CNCF technologies.
You will work in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to customer success and work very closely with architects, product managers and customers to shape the roadmap of the core platform.
As our Senior Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, coaching, mentoring and leading teams, and building our next generation cloud product by collaborating with teams across the organization and the globe. You must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills for this role.
Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Building and managing a team of exceptionally talented engineers who are responsible for the cloud platform in our Bengaluru office
- Working with product management and engineering leaders to understand the vision and product roadmap
- Developing short, medium and long-term plans to accelerate the cloud platform roadmap with forward looking architecture and design
- Participating in architecture discussions, design reviews and planning
- Collaborating with several cross functional teams, architects, product managers and engineers on a day-to-day basis
- Working closely with our Global Customer Support teams to address critical customer issues
- Helping R&D counterparts and key stake holders with onboarding onto the cloud platform
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Providing hands-on development guidance to the team, mentoring with architecture and code structure, and doing code reviews
- Hiring strong and diverse talent to strengthen the team
- Keep up to date on the latest tools and solutions that will best serve the business
- Demonstrated experience in delivering large, enterprise-scale, distributed, high performance platforms and developing reusable and common services developed across products.
- Experience through the platform development lifecycle, onboarding stakeholders on the platform as well as supporting successful adoption of products.
- Experience in scoping and planning releases, resource planning, stakeholder management, dependency management and working closely with cross functional teams and technology partners
- Excellent presentation skills, sharing technical and execution plans with executives and external partners
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills; ability to work collaboratively with geographically distributed teams
- Very strong technical skills with the ability to evaluate key technical proposals and hire and mentor excellent engineers, getting hands-on as needed
- Solid experience designing and developing solutions using Java, Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, microservices, telemetry,
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design and Development like Java, and working knowledge in relational databases like MySQL,, NoSQL
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, Terraform, Chef, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Argo CD,, test automation frameworks, Git Repository, Perforce
- Strong experience in devops, iterative releases and agile development processes
- Proficiency with cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, ECS, EKS), Azure, GCP and working experience in delivering products to public cloud
- Building applications with microservices with end-to-end low latency response
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
Nice to Have
- Experience in building, onboarding and maintaining data management platforms is a plus
- Domain expertise in Data Integration, Data management and metadata management is a plus
- Knowledge on secure development practices, experience in compliances like SOC-2, FedRAMP
- Firm grasp of API strategies and best practices, experience in handling high volume transactions, data transfers
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Computer Science/ related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading engineering and cross functional teams of 8 or more members
- 12+ years’ experience in software engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in leadership role
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Devolopment Manager
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-CT1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN