Director - Product Management
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31679
Position Title: Director, Product Management
Director of Product Management – Cloud Metadata Platform
Informatica, Cloud Metadata Platform
The Cloud Metadata team is a high growth, entrepreneurial innovation group within Informatica, a leading enterprise data management company. As a fast-paced start up team within Informatica, we are on an ambitious mission to build AI/ML powered metadata platform. Many metadata applications like Data Catalog, Data Governance, Data Marketplace, Data Preparation, Privacy are going to be built on top of this intelligent metadata platform. The Cloud Metadata team will play a significant role in expanding metadata powered Informatica capabilities on Informatica Cloud.
We are looking for seasoned Product Management professionals who carve their own niche, quickly understand priorities, and know what needs to be done to get things moving. We expect our Product Managers to adapt to an informal atmosphere and appreciate the tremendous advantage of being surrounded by dedicated experts. In return, we offer the unique opportunity to drive the industry leading active metadata platform. You will be driving cutting edge AI/ML tools and initiatives for the data management industry. Informatica is one of the most visionary, exciting, fastest growing, billion-dollar startup in the world.
As a Director of Product Management, you will be the CEO of the metadata platform, truly owning the end to end execution of product strategy, planning, execution, prioritization, release, collaboration, adoption and service. You are the true enabler of success of the platform, many metadata products and metadata powered solutions. In this role, you will shape the direction of Informatica’s product portfolio that enables the company to deliver many metadata and data powered products.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have prior product management experience and a deep technical background with cloud application platform, cloud data management, data security, metadata management, data cataloging and/or data governance solutions. You have experience in expanding a platform into the next phase of great. You feel comfortable being hands-on with complex technologies, have a keen understanding of how it can bring value to a diverse customer base, and can expand adoption across different channels and partner ecosystems. You are a cross-functional leader who will work collaboratively with architecture and product engineering teams, Informatica’s marketing, sales and services staff, and product marketing to drive sales success and results for the cloud metadata platform and metadata products. You will also work with product managers in other product lines to ensure your product is seamlessly integrated with the Informatica’s cloud and on-premises ecosystems. You enjoy working with customers, partners, sales, engineers, and anyone else you need in order to achieve business success. You are awesome at creating compelling software offerings and a vibrant user community to drive product awareness, adoption, revenue, reference, and success.
The Director of Product Management – Cloud Metadata Group will:
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to understand the use cases for metadata management, gaining a deep understanding of their goals and requirements
- Collaborate with internal dependent stakeholders and consumers of metadata platform for gathering their requirements and use cases
- Develop and own the metadata platform strategy, roadmap, business plan and execution supported by thorough analysis and competitive positioning
- Work closely with R&D to drive platform priorities and ensure the right set of functionalities for enterprise class, industry leading platform
- Author detailed “whole” product requirements and adoption plan
- Serve as the voice of the internal and external customer in building platform functionality that is fit for the purpose
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure seamless operation between platform, products, components, and technologies
- Identify needs and develop materials for rapid and effective field enablement
- Provide content for product collateral, technical white papers and other material needed to ensure fast and successful adoption of the product by customers
- Perform competitive analysis, market, and industry research and leverage your broad industry experience to help develop new ideas and solutions
- 15 or more years of relevant professional experience in software development, product management, and/or as a sales consultant/engineer
- 8 or more years in enterprise software product management or equivalent roles in the data management space with activity spanning participation in conducting competitive analysis, writing detailed requirement specifications, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, defining the product roadmap and strategy, authoring technical white papers, delivering customer presentations, and working with product marketing on market requirements, segmentation, and product packaging and licensing
- Prior experience in platform product management is a double plus. Knowledge of data integration, quality, profiling, metadata management, data lineage and impact analysis, data discovery, connectivity, and cataloging requirements is a plus
- Proven track record of successfully releasing enterprise-level software product and entering new, emerging markets
- Ability to gather and prioritize requirements, develop detailed requirements, review functional specifications, participate in functional reviews
- Keen and demonstrated interest in usability
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
- Proven organizational skills; detail oriented; strong project management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently; able to coordinate people and processes to deliver a product
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and executives
- Familiarity developing products and cloud services leveraging data and cloud platforms, microservices, AI/machine learning is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science (or equivalent experience); advanced degree (MBA) a plus;
- Willing to travel (approximately 10-15%) for customer visits, industry conferences and trade shows, as well as visit Informatica offices worldwide
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director - Product Management
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN