MDM Sales Specialist APJ
Multiple Locations: Hong Kong • Singapore
Job Number: 31809
Position Title: Sales Specialist 4
For Singapore applicants: Due to current international travel and government restrictions we are currently only considering candidates who hold either Singaporean Permanent Residency or Citizenship.
The Sales team plays a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Informatica’s reputation in the marketplace. We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Backed by the strength of the Informatica brand we act as trusted advisors to solve our customers’ data problems. This trust is due to the quality products we offer and the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind them with an award winning global support team of data integration experts that are dedicated to our customers’ success.
We are looking for a Senior MDM Sales Specialist to join our APAC regional Specialist Sales team with the role being based in Hong Kong or Singapore. The role is for a seasoned enterprise account executive with experience selling large and complex software solutions within the area of Master Data Management (MDM), Customer Data Platform (CDP) and Product Information Management (PIM). This role reports to the Director Business 360, APAC based in Hong Kong.
This role is working across Asia identifying and developing new opportunities and supporting the local sales teams with expert knowledge and solution sales capability. As well as exploring new business, deal opportunities may be handled in conjunction with regional Account Managers where they are in an existing customer to offer a wider sales opportunity.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are motivated and eager to expand sales within existing and new accounts while focusing on customer service and developing relationships with key decision makers. You understand and tactfully respond to customer needs and meticulously track and monitor account activity. You consistently apply clear performance standards and handle problems decisively and objectively, while providing sound guidance and assistance to improve the system. You are adept at account planning and management and you know how businesses and the competition work. You are comfortable taking responsibility for all aspects of the sales cycle including pipeline generation, developing compelling commercial offers and closing deals. In addition, you have the following attributes:
- You have direct responsibility to execute MDM sale cycles and achieve/exceed quota both annually and on a quarter-by-quarter basis. Using Salesforce.com, you’ll manage, track and report on your activity and provide accurate business forecast at the close of each quarter. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Account Managers and Field Marketing to identify and execute marketing campaigns to create new MDM pipeline.
- Understand and analyse customer needs and develop business propositions to differentiate and sell the Informatica MDM proposition.
- Prepare and deliver pricing proposals, illustrating Informatica benefits.
- Accurate forecast management, providing and maintaining a qualified and up to date funnel, reporting to management on a defined, regular basis.
- Relationship management of selected alliance partners.
- Prospecting and identification of sales opportunities through cold calling.
- Follow up on leads generated by inside sales, marketing and partners.
- Co-ordination of the full sales process.
- Engagement of external and internal resources (including partners and alliances) based on the opportunities identified.
- Communication of Informatica news / product updates to existing customers and prospects.
- A strong background and network in the region with the Information Management space.
- Many years’ experience in software solution sales in the region especially within complex enterprise application solutions and a demonstrable history of high achievement against quota.
- Familiarity with sales methodologies and experience in all stages of software sales cycles.
- Adept at conducting business discovery and running customer workshops to build an in-depth understanding of customer pain and requirements
- Strong consultative selling skills and experience
- Experience selling related complex enterprise software solutions such as ERP, CRM, Martech, eCommerce, or similar would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the MDM Industry trends, marketing and competitors.
- Ability to justify MDM investment to the business.
- Good understanding of MDM projects from start to finish.
- Good grasp of Data Governance concepts and approaches.
- Good understanding of business issues / priorities and how technology can resolve them.
- Ability to operate comfortably at C-level within major enterprises and ability to work with regional sales teams to create mutually beneficial solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of business development including direct sales, sales management and alliance management.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audience, presenting the relevant aspects of the proposition to the relevant audience.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Willingness to travel within the region, dependent on operational requirements.
- Strong virtual team worker.
- Cross-vertical experience.
City: Quarry Bay
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: MDM Sales Specialist APJ
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Quarry Bay, HK