Job Number: 31856
Position Title: Instructor
Informatica is currently looking for an Instructor with experience in delivering training to customers to join our Informatica University team in EMEA.
Informatica University plays a vital role in ensuring the success of our customers through enablement and training. We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently enable our customers to apply Informatica’s products to solve their corporate data initiatives.
Our Instructor team is our face to the customer. As an Informatica University Instructor, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality technical training to our customers and partners who work with Informatica products in various scenarios. Training is delivered remotely or face to face, to both individual customer groups and as public sessions.
In the role of Instructor, you will deliver one- to multi-day training courses to a variety of user roles, assisting each individual participant to optimize their learning experience. You may also be involved in recording onDemand content for an asynchronous learning experience.
Working as an Instructor for Informatica University, you have a dynamic teaching ability matched with superb communication skills. You fuse these skills with your product expertise to overcome objections, you excel in a fast-paced environment, operate as a team player, and strive to exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, coming up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle the challenge.
You use your communication skills effectively to keep diverse groups engaged and informed, focusing on various aspects of our training, such as products, architectures, business cases, and by delivering successful training, you help us ensure customer success and satisfaction. You independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules and proactively anticipate and complete tasks.
In addition to the attributes mentioned, you can also:
- Apply your curiosity and knowledge about skills-based learning and development for Informatica products and solutions to identify customer learning needs
- Be persuasive with written and verbal communication skills
- Show a proven ability to embrace and adapt to new technologies and methods that support higher value in adult learning programs
- Work independently, as well as with the other instructors in your team
Excellent spoken and written English is required. Additional languages are a plus.
What You’ll Do
You will be delivering technical classes to Informatica customers, partners and employees remotely and at customer locations or Informatica locations
You will also:
- Assist participants with access to remote training images, which may include coordinating with customer technical personnel
- Assist IU sales team in qualifying training offerings to customers
- Deliver tailored training assignments by helping to gather requirements in advance of the training, become familiar with customer’s business needs, and devise a tailored training agenda as needed
- Conduct quality assurance of curriculum by testing and reviewing labs and presentations, and provide guidance to the curriculum development team regarding content and flow of the course material
- Maintain a high instructor rating in customer surveys
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Education, or Information Technology-related discipline
- Recommended 3+ years teaching software/hardware/RDBMS technology in a professional corporate setting
- Recommended 2 years’ experience with client/server and/or Service Oriented Architecture software products
- Recommended 2 years’ experience with current RDBMS releases such as DB2, SQL Server, or Teradata with a background in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with cloud-based technologies is a plus including, but not limited, to AWS and Azure.
- Current and solid Windows and/or UNIX operating system (OS) platform experience
- Experience with MS Office (Word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
What Does Success Look Like?
As part of the tight-knit Informatica University EMEA team, and the wider global Informatica University team, you will be working with Training Sales and Training Coordinators to set up and deliver high-quality software training to enable customers in the best possible use of Informatica products. You will use your excellent software product training skills to guide participants through a wide range of product training, and feedback from both customers and team members in- and outside Informatica University will help guide you to excel at your job.
This position reports to the Head Informatica University EMEA. Travel required will be 50-75% (including international).
Nice to Have
- Experience with Informatica products such as PowerCenter, as well as experience with Data Warehousing, Data Integration and programming experience (VB, PL/SQL, Java, etc.) is a plus
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Instructor
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MI1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, DE