VP, Public Sector Sales
Job Number: 31917
Position Title: VP, Sales
The VP, US Public Sector directs the organization’s sales activities and operations in the US Federal Government, State & Local Government and Higher Education sectors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and manages a strategic and comprehensive business plan for the US Public Sector, to be delivered upon by subordinate, direct report sales leaders and their teams.
- Accountable for accurate forecasting and delivering on regular quarterly revenue targets.
- Spends significant time visiting existing customers and building new customer relationships, typically at the executive level within the accounts.
- Develops and maintains relationships with executive stakeholders within Informatica and develops Partner relationships within the Public Sector.
- Provides input into the quota setting process for their subordinate sales leaders.
- Collaborates with other functions to resolve escalations/customer issues quickly.
- Responsible for nurturing career development, managing performance, and pay discussions within their organization.
- Holds self and team accountable for timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.).
Knowledge & Skills
- Uses expertise in collaborative leadership to set vision and direction for Public Sector.
- Adept at strategic planning through complex situations and market environments to align the organization to corporate strategy and objectives.
- Regular interaction with fellow executives internally/externally, to include influencing in highly visible activities that may include representing the organization via media and government interactions.
- Uses long term business objectives and strategy to guide work and direct the work of others, where erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of the company's operations.
- Motivates and mentors subordinates via exemplary leadership presence and demeanor.
- Negotiates and closes large-scale deals that benefit the company's partners and end customers.
- Uses succession planning and knowledge of future organizational talent needs to educate, evaluate, and develop subordinate leaders.
Education & Experience
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- > Undergraduate degree is preferred.
Seniority Level: Executive
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: VP, Public Sector Sales
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JB1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US