Principal Software Engineer
Location: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel Aviv District, Israel
Job Number: 31928
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Principal Software Engineer – Cloud R&D, Informatica
Informatica Cloud (http://www.informaticacloud.com/) is an Integration Platform offered as a Service (iPaaS) on Cloud. We are a team of product engineers building infrastructure to deliver data and application integration, data management and data analytics services to customers on Cloud. The team comprises of diverse, experienced technologists who enjoy working in fast-paced delivery model with high-performance work culture.
You'll be joining a global team based in TelAviv, Israel.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you are expected to own and drive one or more sub systems and play a key role in the architectural definition, implementation decisions, on time product delivery and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an independent, resourceful product engineer with advanced problem solving skills, high degree of competency in building enterprise software products and enjoy working in fast paced engineering environment. You are passionate and experienced in building server infrastructure with life cycle management, clustering, load balancing, scalability, traceability features.
- To define and implement a new, scalable, distributed architecture for the Informatica Cloud platform
- Provide technical leadership and cross-team coordination in identifying design, implementation issues and propose solutions.
- Craft high and low-level design specifications from higher-level requirements
- Hands-on development of Cloud platform infrastructure with large amount of direct contribution.
- Work with QA teams in developing test plans for all features of platform infrastructure
- Produce work estimates as requested; refine estimate skills over time to ensure accurate forecasting for software product delivery dates.
- Independently investigate new technology for its applicability to Informatica Cloud.
- Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems, and demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems).
- Conducts technical interviews. Able to judge a candidate’s all-around suitability for a position.
- Mentor others involved in the same work.
- S./M.S. in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline from top tier engineering schools
- 8 or more years of professional software development experience.
- Proficiency in OOPS concepts and design patterns.
- Experience of designing and implementing RESTful apis (not just consuming them).
- Production experience java based web application. At least a working level comfort with the full spectrum from UI through the backend is desired
- Familiarity with functional and operational aspects of one or more web-server(Tomcat , Apache Http server) desired.
- Good fundamentals on HTTP protocol desired.
- Working experience of one or more MVC framework.
- Good design and implementation experience of spring framework and one or more element of the spring stack.
- Good understanding/working-experience of the Java EE and demonstrable familiarity with the specification.
- Knowledge of hibernate and/or any other ORM framework.
- Working experience with databases (Mysql, oracle preferred). The candidate should be conversant in writing and optimizing SQL queries . Also at least a basic knowledge of performance tuning of dbs is preferred.
- Knowledge of Performance optimization of web applications.
- Experience of designing large enterprise system . Familiarity with various design paradigms like DDD etc. is desired.
- Experience using light-weight and/or agile methods is desirable
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Energetic and motivated self-starter
- Ability to think creatively
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: MG1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tel-Aviv, IL