Information Security Engineer
Location: Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Job Number: 31932
Position Title: Information Security Engineer
Informatica is currently seeking an Information Security Engineer to join our Global Security Office Security Monitoring & Detection team in Dublin, Ireland with experience in Information Security logging, monitoring, detection and response.
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for identifying, building and integrating Open Source and off-the-shelf security technologies to create an effective and automated set of detection, prevention and resiliency capabilities. Together, these will help to provide our customers safe, secure, and compliant corporate services. The successful individual in this role will be providing employees a trustworthy environment to conduct business at Informatica and be an integral part of the team accountable for building and maintaining our security posture. The Information Security Engineer and the Information Security team are ultimately responsible for earning and maintaining customers trust at Informatica and enabling the business to take smart risks.
What You’ll Do
- Own information security logging tools, ensuring adequate logs are being received
- Calibrate security control systems with the desired risk posture for our enterprise and our customers
- Automate security controls to reduce our attack surface, proactively seek out vulnerabilities, and decrease response and recovery times
- Evaluate, respond to and manage Information Security incidents, taking ownership over the lifecycle and ensuring incidents are brought to a rapid and successful resolution; perform After Action Reviews for identification of opportunities to reduce risk and prevent recurrence
- Partner with DevOps and Operations teams to integrate the controls into our orchestration systems to ensure a consistent infrastructure state
- Serve as an escalation point and mentor for the Security Operations Center
- Participate in on-call rotation to support incident response
- May perform other duties and responsibilities necessary to support and protect the business
- Minimum of three years experience working in Information Security.
- Experience working with and administering Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) platforms.
- Good knowledge of Windows, Unix and Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP & Oracle Cloud applicable) platforms.
- Experience in building detection use cases.
- IT security engineering / system administration experience, automating security controls to operate at scale.
- Experience in managing incidents, engaging technical teams and effective incident communication.
- Experience in automating tasks using common scripting languages and/or low-code automation solutions.
- Ability to anticipate threats and address security incidents across production and corporate environments.
- Stay up to date on the latest risks, countermeasures, and regulations that may affect Informatica.
What Does Success Look Like?
The successful Information Security Engineer will assist to decrease our incident response and closure time – responding to a wide range of security incidents and working with appropriate stakeholders to drive closure. They will also directly contribute to reducing our security risk – identifying likely, high-impact threat scenarios so we can prevent them from occurring.
Nice to Have
- Technology savvy, with exceptional communications skills both written and verbal.
- Logical thought mindset and experience developing reusable processes.
- Experience in conquering the challenge of making systems and processes easier to use yet more secure.
- Embedding security into the fabric of the organization.
- Track record of collaborating with other technical teams to create solutions greater than the sum of its parts.
- Relevant certifications such as SANS, CySA+, CEH, OSCP or similar are beneficial.
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Information Security Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JZ1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE