Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31989
Position Title: Migration Factory Specialist
Informatica team is looking for highly talented hands consultants/developers to join our professional Services organization, and help accelerate our customers journey to the cloud. This is an excellent opportunity to join Informatica’s world class technical teams, working with the best and brightest consultants while focusing on the hottest track in the industry related to Cloud Modernization and Cloud Migrations. We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Backed by the strength of the Informatica brand we act as trusted advisors to solve our customers’ data & Cloud modernization problems. Working either independently, with or within a team, you will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re technically proficient and have the patience and passion to guide customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently. As an influential and effective teacher, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you will also be able to:
- Rapidly understand and translate clients’ business challenges and concerns into a cloud ready solutions
- Have the resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking to solve the most complex data challenges.
- Learn quickly, pickup new technologies and help your team become efficient with automation by thinking outside the box.
- Communicate project status to project lead
- As a team, meet client expectations within the Managed Services scope
- Keep Environment handbook and Operating Manual(s) up-to-date
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Understand Client requirements and execute Data flow conversions from On-Premise to Cloud
- Work Hand in hand with Sr Migration Consultant to underst PC2C Conversion scope and overall conversion stagey
- Convert PowerCenter Assets to Intelligent Informatica Cloud Services(IICS) using our automated tools & utilities
- Perform Pre/Post Conversion activities and ensure production ready data assets are delivered to customers on-time and On-Budget
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot bugs and gaps to enhance automation
- Migration Consultant focus will be to deliver converted cloud assets to the customers and do KT to ensure they know the differences between on-premise PowerCenter and IICS.
- BS. in computer science, computer engineering , Mathematics, MCA or a related field.
- Hands on experience of Java, RDBMS based technologies and intermediate scripting skills in Operating Systems (Windows, Unix and Linux)
- Experience with Web Services based APIs, Soap, REST, etc.(Preferred Not Required)
- Scripting Experience (e.g Bash,PowerShell,Python,Ruby,Perl etc)
- Basic Understanding of Public or Hybrid Cloud environment
- Experience with customer facing role driving discussions with technical personnel regarding development and ability to come up with a solution to a complex issue(s) at hand.
- Powercenter OR Informatica Cloud experience is preferred as tool used in your ETL experience.
- Familiarity with Cloud Hosted environments such as AWS , MSFT Azure and/or GCP
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Migration Consultant
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SA1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN