Senior Migration Consultant
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 31999
Position Title: Migration Factory Senior Specialist
Informatica team is looking for highly talented hands consultants/developers to join our professional Services organization, and help accelerate our customers journey to the cloud. This is an excellent opportunity to join Informatica’s world class technical teams, working with the best and brightest consultants while focusing on the hottest track in the industry related to Cloud Modernization and Cloud Migrations. We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Backed by the strength of the Informatica brand we act as trusted advisors to solve our customers’ data & Cloud modernization problems.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have 5+ years of enterprise software development, application engineering, ETL process management, Data Modeling, Data warehouse, Data pipeline(ETL Tools) development and ETL Testing.
You’re technically proficient and have the patience and passion to work with customer to develop data pipelines and ensuring they are production ready. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently. As an influential and effective consultant, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you will also be able to:
- Rapidly understand and translate clients’ business challenges and concerns into a cloud ready solutions
- Have the resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking to solve the most complex data challenges.
- Learn quickly, pickup new technologies and help your team become efficient with automation by thinking outside the box.
- Senior Migration Consultant will take ownership of Powercenter to Cloud(PC2C) conversions within Migration Factory.
- They will lead Junior consultants and ensure all conversions are progressing on-time and on-budget
- Work closely with customer resources to understand PC2C Conversion requirements, align sprints with customer priorities, gather required artifacts to ensure seamless migration delivery
- Work closely with Migration Consultants, guide them and monitor their work
- Work closely with Customers to define development and testing framework and work closing with customer resources and define a efficient handshake to deliver migrated assets.
- Required to use their programming skills to build automation where necessary to eliminate manual effort and increase productivity of the factory output.
- S. in computer science, computer engineering , Mathematics or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of ETL concepts with Relational Databases (Oracle, MS SQL or MySQL)
- 3+ Years of relevant experience in software development, ETL Data pipeline development & Testing or similar experience in Data warehousing
- Experience with Web Services based APIs, Soap, REST, etc.(Preferred Not Required)
- Scripting Experience (e.g Bash,PowerShell,Python,Ruby,Perl etc)
- Basic Understanding of Public or Hybrid Cloud environment
- Experience with customer facing role driving discussions with technical personnel regarding development and ability to come up with a solution to a complex issue(s) at hand.
- Powercenter OR Informatica Cloud experience is preferred as tool used in your ETL experience.
- Familiarity with Cloud Hosted environments such as AWS , MSFT Azure and/or GCP
- Experience with MDM (Preferred Not Required)
- Knowledge and experience with “Cloud” applications including Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Live, or others
- Knowledge of Netezza, Teradata, Redshift, Azure Synapse and/or GBQ is Preferred not Required.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Migration Consultant
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SA1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN