Director, Social Media
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 32031
Position Title: Director, Social Media Relationships
Informatica is looking for a Social Media Director to lead Informatica’s global social media strategy and program across all corporate social platforms, to join our team in Redwood City, California.
As the Social Media Director, you will be responsible for the overall strategy to maintain, grow, and engage with our followers, overseeing all earned social media outreach. Reporting to the Senior Director of Brand Strategy, this Social Media Director will be responsible for leading the strategic development and execution of key strategic social media initiatives that support and amplify our brand among key audiences and cultivate engagement with our social communities.
What You’ll Do
• Overall management and leadership of global social media strategy to expand reach and boost engagement across owned social channels by attracting new followers and turning existing followers into brand advocates.
• Act as the voice, tone, and moderator of the brand through community support, content distribution, and digital engagement to build brand presence
• Develop an integrated social communications strategy and editorial social calendar orchestrated across functions (brand, product marketing, PR, field events, customer advocacy, diversity & inclusion, and HR)
• Curate social-first content of marketing initiatives and trending topics, through storytelling, that builds brand strength and positive sentiment/connection with our communities.
• Oversee the day to day posting on relevant social media platforms, work with marketing functions for real-time posting for time-bound triggers (events, competitive response, crisis, etc.)
• Develop POV around trends and align campaign assets (e.g., videos, articles, infographics, blogs) to drive engagement via clicks, view, shares.
• Stay on top of industry trends and competitor insights to provide well-informed recommendations
• Build hub and spoke model of social community managers for global scale and regional readiness
• Rigorously apply analytics to track and manage performance, inform decisions on social content, and set priorities
• Develop SLAs and manage governance process, aligned to our corporate social policy
• Minimum 15 years’ experience with in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
• Leading –edge knowledge of best practices for high performing and modern social technologies in emerging platform features including LinkedIn Live, Linkedin Learning
• Previous experience in B2B, large enterprise software industry and SaaS
• Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate findings to executives; comfortable building effective business reviews that story tell with data
• Strong management skills, including the ability to clearly set expectations for direct reports, evaluate performance and make recommendations to aid their career growth
• Ability to establish trust and credibility and empower colleagues across the organization, working collaboratively across the global communications organization while being a player/coach to the social media team
• Broad experience including brand identity, art direction, content strategy and development, video, and paid social media.
• Well versed in social analytics, social listening, and automation tools
What Does Success Look Like?
• A best-in-class social media program with strong community management and distinctive brand identity, all reflecting the company’s leadership and innovation, supporting its next phase of growth as a public company.
• A results-driven program that delivers strong brand awareness and corporate storytelling while also delivering on key metrics such as follower growth, impressions, engagement rate, and share of voice.
• A strategic, nimble, and creative social media team known for strong collaboration, leadership, and delivering results.
• Open-minded with a flexible operating style, having a natural consultative approach with individuals at all levels and fostering a positive team environment
• Leadership of a nimble team that is respected for their collaboration across the organization, and ability to support key business initiatives with measurable results.
• Passion for innovation, experimentation, and reinvention
Nice to Have
• Previous experience in consulting role/change agent with mindset to build, experiment and scale.
• Comfortable in dynamic environment, with keen ability to institute structure and operationalize end-to-end process.
• Agency experience and/or experience managing agency resources
• Experience overseeing social media programs for a publicly traded company
• Experience working with or managing international teams
• Previous experience managing or collaborating on paid social media strategy
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Social Media
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US