Principal Product Manager- SaaS MDM
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Number: 32162
Position Title: Product Manager 4
Principal Product Manager, SaaS MDM
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
Informatica is the leader in Enterprise Master Data Management and is one of the primary growth engines for Informatica in the coming years. Our industry-leading Data Management technologies--along with our partners--have helped fuel incredible growth over the last five years. We are seeking a Principal Product Manager to grow our SaaS Master Data Management product. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic team that is bringing AI and machine learning to bear on master data management challenges in the Cloud and at the Big Data scale.
As the Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for the ideation and development of capabilities for our Cloud-native MDM platform using AI/ML and intuitive user interfaces to solve complex data challenges for major enterprises.
You will have prior product management experience or domain expertise and a deep technical background with a variety of SaaS apps (Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, ServiceNow, etc.) and API technologies (REST, SOA, OData, etc.). You feel comfortable being hands-on with complex technology, have a keen understanding of how it can bring value to a diverse customer base, and can expand adoption across different channels and partner ecosystems.
You enjoy working with customers, partners, salespeople, engineers, and anyone else you need to achieve business success. You are awesome at creating compelling Try & Buy software offerings, and a vibrant user community to drive product awareness, adoption, revenue, reference, and success.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Write high-quality specifications and communicate specific and actionable requirements to Engineering
- Work closely with Engineering to drive product priorities and ensure the right functionality for an enterprise-class, industry-leading product
- Become a subject matter expert on our software for customers and partners, as well as for internal audiences such as Sales, Presales, Professional Services, and Customer Support
- Develop materials and product demonstrations for field enablement, technical scope, and train-the-trainer
- Manage the product backlog for specific product areas, and ensure that the right functionality is being delivered at the right time
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, design, product development, and planning
- Ability to gather and prioritize requirements and author detailed requirements and functional specifications (submission of writing samples, such as prior requirements, whitepapers, or articles is encouraged)
- Strong technical background with the ability to quickly develop deep product knowledge and communicate the business values to the field and customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team
- Proven organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently but still be detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team
- Experience in working in Agile teams
- Based in the Greater Toronto Area and available to work out of our office in downtown Toronto
- Able to travel internationally to visit customers, partners, and other Informatica locations, and to participate in conferences and events – approximately 20% international travel in non-pandemic years
What We’d Like to See
- Experience with master data management, data governance, data warehousing, business intelligence, or data visualization is a plus
- Experience with Cloud (SaaS) software, analytics, NoSQL databases, graph databases, and/or Big Data technologies is a plus
- Experience working in an independent software vendor on B2B software is preferred
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Product Manager- SaaS MDM
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA