Director, Field Marketing - Japan
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Job Number: 32187
Position Title: Director, Field Marketing
Informatica is a leading provider of data integration software and Cloud services. Using Informatica products, companies can help you find, cleanse, and transform data to help improve business performance, increase customer profitability, streamline supply chain operations and proactively manage regulatory compliance. More than 2,800 companies worldwide rely on Informatica for their end-to-end enterprise data integration needs. Informatica is headquartered in Redwood City, California, and has over 1,800 employees located in offices throughout North America (“NA”), Latin America (“LATAM”), Europe Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”) and Asia Pacific and Japan (“APJ).
Our outstanding global marketing team provides a strategic infrastructure that supports all elements of the Informatica business with a particular focus on supporting our sales team with the information, insights and materials they need to exceed their goals. Whether we’re in corporate communications, marketing communications, and marketing operations or out in the field, our collective mission is to provide critical data and insights, increase awareness of the Informatica brand, and dramatically grow our market leadership in the data integration industry.
As the Director of Field Marketing, Japan, you are responsible for alignment with the APJ and Global Marketing plan and collaboration with the Sales organization in your geographic region to drive the success of the portfolio across all audiences. As the key spokesperson in Japan and lead marketer, you will be responsible for collaborating on the design, managing strategic audience recruitment and executing customer- and prospect- focused marketing programs to grow and convert sales pipeline and revenue. The right candidate has proven success in marketing, an unbridled passion for technology, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Role and Responsibility
Leading and overseeing the Japan Field Marketing organization, acting as a key adviser to Japan Sales Management leaders and Informatica's VP, APJ Field Marketing. You will also be required to:
• Align JAPAN Marketing strategy, tactics and operations with APJ and Global Marketing strategy.
• Interface with VP Sales JAPAN to ensure JAPAN business needs are addressed appropriately as well as individual Country Managers around the region.
• Build infrastructure to drive demand and an integrated sales funnel for lead generation across APJ.
• Use your JAPAN knowledge, direct and execute programs to increase awareness and generate demand for INFA products and services.
Set objectives for an international marketing organisation and deliver to these.
You will be measured on your proven experience having:
• Successfully delivering strategic marketing within an international organisation.
• Successfully taken corporate strategy and executed against it - ensuring cultural compatibility.
• Managing and overseeing the JAPAN marketing team
• Overseeing the execution of local Marketing programs, events and partner activity.
• Overseeing the execution of the tactical and operational aspects of the Marketing strategy.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, marketing communications for digital/high-technology companies/products
• Able to thrive in a matrix organization, leveraging and influencing others to achieve objectives
• Be a collaborative team player, effectively interacting with employees, partners and customers at all levels within the organisation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and can be equally effective in both formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers and business partners.
• Achieves goals successfully; focuses on winning in the marketplace; impacts the bottom-line; constantly challenges self and others to deliver results; acts with a sense of urgency and seizes opportunities when they arise.
Requirements and/or qualifications
• Marketing experience with high tech company/product/service is a must.
• Strong background in managing lead-generation programs and pipeline management
• Experience in managing multi-country marketing teams across the Asia Pacific market
• Proven track record in creating innovative and targeted marketing programs that generate results.
• Self-starter with an ability to drive to results.
• Makes effective, reliable, and at times, tough decisions quickly based upon analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Bachelor degree in marketing, business, engineering, or relevant field of study.
• A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services.
• Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
• Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion.
• The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Must possess strong business acumen, keen business analysis skills and strong direct marketing experience.
• MBA is preferred.
It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica, you can learn more about our company, and our products and services at www.informatica.com.
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Field Marketing - Japan
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, JP