Director, Brand Communications
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 32247
Position Title: Director, Brand Management
Director, Brand Communications
Informatica is looking for a Director, Brand Communications to heighten our brand strength, increase awareness and positive sentiment to attract, engage and influence key audiences. Location flexible.
As the Director, Brand Communications, you will be responsible for creating, executing, and monitoring brand campaigns that reinforce the company’s market leadership, innovation and thought leadership. The Director, Brand Communications will support programs that reinforce our brand positioning, messaging, and ensure our brand ethos is cohesive, provocative, and memorable. Reporting to the Senior Director, Brand Strategy, you will support development and ongoing refinement of our corporate narrative with deep understanding of our target personas, to enable breakthrough messaging and positioning at the brand-level and for our cloud data management solutions. The Director, Brand Communications brings creativity to the role, as well as strong project management and collaboration skills to work across teams. You will bring our brand to life across multiple touchpoints, working with colleagues on the creative, social, web and product marketing teams.
What You’ll Do
• Manage brand program and integrated communications plan encompassing storytelling topics that heighten understanding of our market, thought and innovation leadership.
• Develop POV around trends to inform brand asset creation that drive awareness, education, engagement (view, clickthroughs, shares).
• Stay on top of industry trends and competitor insights to provide continuous recommendations grounded in insights from market research, and competitive media and creative monitoring.
• Enable and govern brand and messaging across all touchpoints to “brandify” field and growth marketing campaign with a unified brand identity across the portfolio and channels
• Partner closely with creative, media PR and web teams to ensure global consistency, governance, and orchestration across public-facing channels.
• Work closely with agencies and internal creative team to tap into persona/buyer insights to develop breakthrough brand activations that captivates and excites.
• Oversee execution of brand-level media programs, sponsorships and manage naming projects and brand trademarks.
• Handle brand compliance issues in partnership with legal, including global trademark protection and resolve and resolve problems with incorrect brand usage.
• Manage brand studies and work with performance team on monthly report outs of brand metrics including ROI on Brand impact, Website traffic and Demand Gen lift.
• Enable a scalable, systematic approach for how our brand initiatives are leveraged and executed globally (and consistent locally).
• Work closely with product marketing and competitive intelligence team to apprise them of emerging competitive media spend and messaging insights.
• Minimum 12 years’ experience in brand management, positioning and messaging. Agency experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA in Marketing, Business, or degree in related field a plus.
• Previous experience in B2B, large enterprise software industry and SaaS.
• Broad experience across all facets of brand activation including brand identity, messaging development, campaign design and media strategy.
• Experienced managing agencies (or at agency) with solid understanding of offline and online media supporting brand objectives.
• Methodical, metrics-driven approach to continuous improvement; strong analytical skills with the ability to identify insights that are put into action.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate findings to executives; comfortable building effective business reviews that story tell with data.
• Previous experience stewarding a range of studies including primary and secondary market research, concept testing, formulating business-relevant, strategic recommendations.
• Oversight of brand compliance issues in partnership with legal, including global trademark protection.
• Able to shift between creative and visionary to pragmatic and tactical.
• Deep understanding of driving end-to-end activation from creative messaging, media, production, campaign tracking and program optimization.
• Strong organizational, planning, and project/campaign management skills with minimal guidance, while having a keen eye for detail.
What Does Success Look Like?
• A best-in-class brand experience with distinctive brand identity, all reflecting the company’s leadership and innovation, supporting its next phase of growth as a public company.
• A results-driven program that delivers strong brand awareness and corporate storytelling while also delivering on key metrics.
• A strategic, nimble, and creative brand and social team known for strong collaboration, leadership, and delivering results.
• Open-minded with a flexible operating style, having a natural consultative approach with individuals at all levels and fostering a positive team environment.
• Leadership of a nimble team that is respected for their collaboration across the organization, and ability to support key business initiatives with measurable results.
• Passion for innovation, experimentation, and reinvention.
Nice to Have
• Previous experience in consulting role/change agent with mindset to build, experiment and scale.
• Experience working with or managing international teams.
• Previous experience managing PR, creative, content, demand generation or employer brand programs.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Brand Communications
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US