Job Number: 32277
Position Title: Director I, IPS
Oversees the development and implementation of detailed technology solutions for clients using company products, outsourced solutions or proprietary tools/techniques. Responsible for defining the client needs, developing a proposal to meet those needs, as well as overseeing the implementation of the complete project solution. Performs in both a people management capacity and a technical leadership capacity. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or utilization (i.e., billable hours for the department) or performance against budget. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Provides high-level solution design and problem solving leadership when appropriate.
• Oversees the successful design, planning and execution of large solution delivery projects; provide a single point of contact for the customer and handle top tier escalations.
• Defines, implements, and ensures compliance with a comprehensive project delivery methodology including policies, procedures and deliverables for effective project lifecycle execution and reporting.
• Manages processes for tracking profitability and engagement success, from initial pre-sale interaction and project set-up through to revenue and profit reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Effectively estimates and prices services offerings; working in conjunction with Informatica Professional Services (IPS) Regional Managers to position and sell both Informatica solutions and discrete service offerings.
• Manages services pipeline and backlog
Knowledge & Skills
• Uses expert leadership skill in collaboration and prioritization to direct and influence operations in the functional area.
• Expert level analytical and complex problem solving skills in their functional area, with the ability to influence as a leader across functions.
• Adept at setting and driving strategic initiatives in the functional area, as well as influencing at higher tiers of the organization.
• Frequent engagement with top level executives to provide functional expertise advice that influences business unit strategy.
• Uses functional area strategy and direction from senior leadership, as well as long term business objectives, to guide work and direct the work of others.
• Creates an environment that promotes the identification and development of talent, as well as planning for future talent needs of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills along with superior leadership skills.
• Proven track-record in Identifying, creating, driving and delivering innovative services strategies and offerings at new and existing customers
• Supervisory and team development experience, including the development and delivery of performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring on a day-to-day basis
• Ability to participate as a leader in practice management and innovation which includes creating and enhancing current offerings, tools, methodologies, partner capacity and personnel development processes
• Experienced at assessing and quantifying process/financial improvement opportunities
• Experienced at managing customer interactions including direct sponsor and management interaction
• Extensive experience in developing and maintaining strong customer relationships to expand current projects and identify new business, and cross-selling opportunities
• Experienced participant in the sale of new work by establishing IPS credibility and structuring comprehensive, profitable proposals jointly with Regional Managers and Sales counterparts
• Able to lead and focus team efforts in data gathering and analysis, data interpretation, process design, and formulating conclusions and recommendations
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 15+ years of relevant professional experience.
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, IPS
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TK1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US