Lead QA Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 32468
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
The QA team is responsible for ensuring functionally high quality including performance and scalability of Axon and CDMP products. Engineers in the team are responsible for initiating and developing test cases documents participating in reviews, running and reporting issues and automating the cases.
You will participate in the testing effort of enterprise software. He/she will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test frameworks, programs to assure high product quality and develop advanced test tools using Java to increase productivity and efficiency.
Our Ideal Candidate
This position is suited for a highly energetic self-driven individual who aspires to achieve challenging goals as part of his career objective. We are looking at hiring Principal Software Engineer QA for the Axon team at Informatica who shall be responsible for conducting Functional, Automation, and API testing and also provide feedback and advice to product development.
- Technically lead a team of engineers to ensure good quality releases of Informatica Products. Provides technical leadership, project leadership, and cross-team coordination for other team members for their projects
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications
- Participate actively in functional, system, and regression testing activities
- Design, develop and maintain test programs including test tools and automated test suites
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review.
- Communicate effectively with developers and QA peers and other stakeholders in the QA organization.
- Execute planned testing tasks and provide timely and accurate analysis of findings
- Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and re-prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems). Deliverable reviews have few actions.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. This job is a fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Costs efforts, devises and meets project schedules
- Runs review meetings effectively and drives the closure of all open issues on time. Provide functional reviews in related areas of expertise.
- Mentors others involved in the same work. Consistently mentor junior engineers to improve their technical ability.
- Excellent understanding of Informatica's products in one particular component area.
- Able to estimate and perform risk analysis for large features.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel. Able to communicate or present to the whole product team and occasionally across products. Interacts with and influences other groups on the same product and cross-product groups.
- Conducts technical interviews. Able to judge a candidate’s all-around suitability for a position.
- Conducts cross-department talks/demos. Provides help and answers to non-R&D forums.
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- 6+ years of software testing experience
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Must have a strong knowledge of QA processes and methodologies
- Must be a self-starter with good communication & presentation skills in a fast-paced environment with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Testing experience with relational databases
- Core Java, Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, REST API and Karate API automation tool
- Good working knowledge of any RDBMS.
- Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows environments
- Knowledge of Perl and Shell scripting
- Good knowledge of core java.
- Data Governance Domain knowledge would be a big plus.
- Good knowledge of TestNG and Selenium
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead QA Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN