Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 32493
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Informatica’s Master Data Management (MDM) product group builds products that deliver consolidated and reliable business-critical data to improve business operations. This single view of data, also known as master data across the enterprise, helps leading firms in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy and other industries drive key business imperatives like increased revenue, profits and ROI by empowering business users with consolidated and reliable business-critical data—such as customers, products, channel partners, suppliers—and the relationships between data.
We are currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer with a desire to work on the development of products. You will primarily work on designing and developing product features for the next generation Informatica MDM, a multi-tenant software-as-a-service (SaaS) MDM platform for the existing on premise & hosted solutions. You will be based out of our office in Bengaluru, India.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Drive innovation and discussions to create and improve product, process and technology.
- Design and architect complex non-functional features including Security / Scaling / Multi-Tenancy / High Availability / Disaster Recovery / Customization and Zero Downtime patching
- Promote and apply engineering best-practices including code reviews, design/architecture reviews, unit testing code coverage review
- Work with product managers, quality assurance engineers and user experience designers to build the best products for our users
- Mentor junior members in the team
- Work in geographically dispersed team of highly motivated and energetic professionals.
- B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of Java based enterprise software development experience
- Must be hands on, strong individual contributor, capable of providing technical leadership and direction to cross-functional teams.
- Strong expertise in BigData ecosystem
- Strong systems fundamentals related to performance, scale and cloud.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization.
What We’d Like to See
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders
- Must demonstrate excellent written or oral communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and messages
- Very good organizing, time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations with clarity, focus and professionalism.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MR2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN