Senior Software Engineer - Product Specialist
Location: United States
Job Number: 32500
Position Title: Senior Product Specialist
Our team provides technical support for Informatica products. Informatica is complex, enterprise-level software application used by fortune 500 organizations. We play a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Informatica’ s reputation within customers. We’re the frontline troubleshooters, the direct line to our customers. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Product Specialist, with a proven record of accomplishment in technical field to join our Advanced Support team.
As an employee with Informatica,
- You will be part of a strong team of knowledgeable and committed technical specialists and connected onto the worldwide Informatica technical pool.
- Thriving in a fast-paced and Informatica Data Engineering Integration (DEI) environment, you’ll work with our Big Data, cloud customers and solve their complex technical problems, related to the product and its peripheries like connectors and associated ecosystem, database, OS, Network etc.
- On the job training and on-going learning and development are a key part of why our professionals are widely respected and are treated as world number one in technical support arena.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You’re a natural leader who strives for excellence and is known as a resourceful and prodigious technical ability.
- You possess good communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy
- Is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively?
- You’re advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Applying your superior business acumen and resource management skills you meet requirement and set the example for good work procedures. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Inspire and motivate people to rally support behind the vision, make it sharable by everyone.
This key individual will serve as Senior Software Engineer - Product Specialist for both internal and external customers. This position will also work closely with internal development and support staff to solve technical product problems and provide third line support. Primary responsibilities involve troubleshooting complex technical problems and working with the customer and Informatica development to resolve technical roadblocks. Will also facilitate, drive and support the customers' implementation process, working closely with our customers' implementation teams and Informatica technical support. He/she will ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage customer support technical issues on a daily basis, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible.
- Provide technical support to partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the web.
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work-arounds and solutions.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
- Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field,
- 2-4 years of industry experience in application development (Java or C++) or advanced product support.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting problems to the source code level in Java
- knowledge on Hadoop application frame works like Spark,tez
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
- General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
- Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of Linux /Unix
- A high degree of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Constructively work together as a team, sharing ideas and resources.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under own initiative and respond to peaks in demand.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer - Product Specialist
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-RP1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US