Cloud Solution Specialist
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 32542
Position Title: Senior Product Specialist
Cloud Solution Specialist
Informatica team is looking for highly talented Data Warehouse/Integration implementation specialist to join our Customer Support organization to help accelerate our customers’ on-premises to cloud migration journey. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of Informatica’s world class Product Specialist team and focus on the hottest industry trend in Cloud Native space specific to Cloud Modernization and Cloud Migration. We act as trusted advisors to solve our customer’s Cloud migration problems such as optimizing the design, performance, and scale with respect to Cloud. As part of this team, you will get an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the Cloud First Cloud Native (CFCN) strategy of the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should be technically proficient and have passion to support our customers and stakeholders through the capabilities of our all products and solutions. He/she should find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet is equally adept at and content working independently. The candidate should be able to rapidly understand and translate Customer’s business challenges and concerns into cloud ready solutions
- Have the resourcefulness, creativity, and strategic thinking to solve the most complex data challenges.
- Learn quickly, pickup new technologies and help the team become efficient with automation by thinking outside the box.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Role & Responsibilities
- Work with Customers and IPS (Informatica Professional Services) team to address the issues that are encountered during the PowerCenter migration from on-premise to Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS)
- Optimization of the migrated assets in-case of performance bottlenecks by re-designing or with an alternative approach
- Provide solutions to challenges faced in customer’s business flow during migration to Cloud
- Provide guidance to resolve functionality gaps and performance bottlenecks
- Build customized automated tools/utilities to ease the Migration phase
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot bugs and product gaps
- Author and publish knowledgebase articles, white papers, and serve as a go-to resource within the practice for technical information
- Work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales, and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or MCA
- 5 to 7 years of experience with at least one end to end Data Warehouse/Integration project implementation experience
- Hands on experience in Informatica Cloud Data Integration (CDI).
- Strong Analytical and Solution Design Skills
- Expert-level database skills in at least one major RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, Teradata)
- Hands-on experience in scripting skills in Operating Systems (Windows/Linux)
- Good understanding of at least one of the Cloud DWs (Snowflake, AWS, Azure Synapse, Redshift and GBQ)
- Good understanding of Java/J2EE and webservices based solutions
- Experience with Web Services based APIs, SOAP, REST, micro-service framework etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud Hosted environments such as AWS and MSFT Azure
- Knowledge of PowerCenter or other ETL tools and experience in Informatica Cloud Application Integration (CAI), preferred
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Solution Specialist
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-RP1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US