Enterprise Architect, Business Transformation
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • California, United States
Job Number: 32824
Position Title: Systems Engineer Architect
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
You are able to develop architectural solutions for our enterprise-wide portfolio of applications, but primarily for the Salesforce platform. This includes experience with business transformations such as new business models, new routes to market and self-service customer experiences.
You are a strong leader with the ability to set ambitious targets and inspire others to pursue goals. You are able to generate excitement and articulate a compelling vision that everyone can see and understand. At the same time, you are willing to get into the details and create well-defined measurements and milestones that are critical to success. You excel at clearly mapping steps toward delivering on business strategy and considering each challenge from multiple angles. You have excellent presence and are comfortable in front of both executives and internal client users.
You model accountability and set up measurements and metrics to continually evaluate and improve performance. Written and verbal communications are among your greatest strengths; you are clear and concise, on message, and can adapt your communication to your audience. You value both aptitude and attitude and are able to identify high potential employees whose flexibility and motivation will drive future success. You are a highly effective leader who is successful at building and sustaining professional relationships at all levels of an organization. You reach beyond formal structures and are able to influence others to build consensus and alignment. You are a strong mentor who is passionate about hiring, development, and retention of talented individuals.
- Align the IT strategy and planning with the company’s business goals by evaluating the current solution architectures to detect critical deficiencies, recommend solutions for improvement and document all architecture design and analysis work.
- Optimize information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities; drive innovation, concept assessments, industry benchmarking analysis, risk analysis, business case development and approval for technologies that could benefit the business and the company
- Promote and deliver shared services to reduce costs and improve information flows, ensuring that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies; collaborate with vendors and industry leaders to identify strategic and innovative uses of technology to drive operational excellence, profitability, and to close capability gaps
- Collaborate with IT and business leaders as well as the enterprise architecture team to provide a enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synch with ever changing business needs
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to business and IT leaders on information system technologies, their roadmaps, their functionalities, costs, benefits, and implementation requirements
- Drive innovation and transformation by embracing and promoting change, including hands-on coaching, leading by example, and constant communication
- Maintains an ongoing partnership with business management to apply in-depth knowledge of the business operations, strategies, priorities and information requirements to establish the technical direction at an enterprise view
- Promotion and delivery of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies
- Ensures the development and adoption of processes and standards to develop, maintain and integrate enterprise architectures within the process of strategy development and technology planning
- Contribute to and support the IT mission, vision and values; keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action
Key deliverables may include:
- Solution architecture documentation including data models and process flows
- Transformational roadmaps encompassing process, system, policy and/or organizational changes to achieve goals
- Using architecture to provide leadership during the annual strategic planning process
- Mentoring and leading other enterprise architects to across both business and system transformations
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience in complex IT environments; experience in an enterprise software company, subscription business models and usage billing is attractive.
- A minimum of 6 or more years of progressively responsible management experience in IT application delivery or support.
- A minimum of 3 or more years in solution architecture development, particularly on the Salesforce.com platform. Direct experience with Salesforce’s Sales Cloud, Revenue Cloud, Service Cloud and Communities products is preferred. Experience with enabling B2B sales through eCommerce or Cloud Marketplaces (Azure, AWS and Google Cloud Platform) is attractive.
- Seasoned leader experienced in leading successful development and implementation of large complex programs / projects with cross-functional representation; reputation for being respected as a leader, influential in the business and IT organizations, and as a team player.
- Thorough understanding of business processes and capabilities across the enterprise in corporate support functions such as marketing, sales, professional services, finance and support.
- Proven ability as a strategic thinker with the ability to assess the current state against the target state with a perspective on the big picture and future vision
- Aptitude to balance best practices with timeliness of solution development and delivery; demonstrated
- Highly effective communicator and presenter with a track record of presenting both internally and externally at industry events and tradeshows
- Well-honed influencing and negotiating skills; able to bring together disparate points of view; can bridge business and technical insights and perspectives
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributors, proven customer service delivery capabilities
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting business and its ideal and strategies; ability to remain neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices—more interested in results than in personal preferences
- Excellent project and program management planning and organizational skills; able to work in a dynamic environment and meet critical deadlines, exercising flexibility and decision making as appropriate
- Able to lead by example through proactive management, energy and enthusiasm
- Great intellectual curiosity; solid knowledge building skills; excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Metrics oriented and metrics driven; knowledge of financial modeling as it pertains to strategic investment; always seeking the best means/methods to achieve the best results
- Knowledge of EA frameworks preferred (BOST, TOGAF, Zachman, etc); experience in an Agile development environment required.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Architect, Business Transformation
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US