Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • San Francisco, California, United States
Job Number: 32973
Position Title: QA Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test with experience in Java Programming, developing test applications, or automating using Selenium and TestNG to join our team in Redwood City, California.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a self-motivated professional who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are able to come up proper test strategy with features across multiple services. You are bright and intellectually curious; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; are capable, adaptable, and agile. The team crosses continents, and as such, communication in all forms is essential to success in this role. You will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Java programming, developing test applications, or automating using JUnit/TestNG/Selenium. The ideal candidate will have had experience in QA and has a good handle on scripting and SQL.
As our Software Development Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for below mentioned day-to-day duties. You must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment, must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use: (Only for R & D Jobs)
- Java, AWS/Azure/GCP stack, Kubernetes, Jenkins for CI/CD, chef recipes, Selenium, ROBOT for UI automation, Postman/Newman for REST endpoint testing, sum logic, JIRA, Microservices.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Technically work closely with the team of engineers to ensure good quality releases of Informatica Cloud Products. Provides technical leadership, and cross-team coordination for other team members for their projects.
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review of Informatica Cloud product, one of the fastest-growing integration products
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Actively work on testing upgrade/deployment pipelines of Informatica Cloud product.
- Work on enhancing or developing UI / Backend / Rest-based automation frameworks.
- Design, develop and review test plans; test cases based upon functional and design specifications
- Design, develop and maintain test cases in JUnit/TestNG/Selenium.
- Participate actively in functional, system, Stress, and regression testing activities
- Execute test cases, analyze and report test results to product teams.
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
- Estimate and perform risk analysis early in the cycle for large features.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree; advanced degree a plus
- 1+ years of experience in software testing or development using Java.
- Strong knowledge in RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
- Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows Operating system
- Experience in developing test cases by using Junit/TestNG/Selenium is a must
- Experience in backend automation with tools such Eclipse, Maven (projects management), Java, REST-based framework
- Knowledge in testing microservice architecture in sizing, resiliency, rolling deployment/upgrade
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with software development life cycles and agile programming methodologies.
What We’d Like to See
- Experience in using JMeter is a plus
- Experience with Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), Kubernetes, cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, NewRelic) is a plus
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TG1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US