Senior Expansion Sales Account Executive
Location: United States
Job Number: 33035
Position Title: Sr Expansion Sales Representative
Senior Expansion Sales Account Executive (Expansion SAE)
The Expansion SAEs are responsible for leading the upsell and cross-sell of enterprise software solutions from Cloud First Cloud-Native (CFCN) products to drive incremental subscription revenue from the existing customer install base. The Expansion SAE is expected to evangelize Informatica by generating additional revenue and business from existing customers to fuel our growth by strategically right sizing their existing purchases to meet their needs and expanding the departmental use case to an enterprise use case. This role nurtures and owns the expansion relationship within assigned accounts/territory and maximizes Informatica’s footprint within them for CFCN products. Incremental Sales revenue will be driven by customers’ current consumption of CFCN products driven by the present adoption and their future expansion needs.
Nothing is more paramount to us in Informatica than customer success. In this role, the Expansion SAE won’t simply sell products. They are expected to analyze the consumption metrics, consult, and listen deeply to understand current and future business needs. This expansion sale to the existing customer base is backed by collaborative cross-functional teams. Incumbents effectively collaborate with other teams, including Subscription renewals reps, Sales Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Technologists, marketing, channel management, finance, and customer support, as well as external parties such as Alliances and Channel Partners. As its consumption-based expansion role, it needs a thorough understanding of Informatica platform technologies and/or SaaS consumption pricing. Prior enterprise sales experience within the SaaS ecosystem is a must-have experience. This is mainly a remote sale expand selling position where minimum travel to the customer’s location is expected based on customer needs. Travel is up to and may not exceed 10 to 20%, based on the needs of the business.
This role will report to the Chief Customer Officer organization through subscription renewals and expansion leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role is a quota-carrying expansion or incremental sales position.
- Meet and exceed expansion sales goals (quotas) through analyzing consumption metrics, prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities end to end within the assigned accounts/territory.
- Expands sales within existing accounts while getting connected and building strategic relationships with key decision-makers.
- At this level, incumbents will have expert-level knowledge of selling the company’s CFCN products and services.
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a Salesforce CPQ CRM system with high accuracy.
- Provide regular and accurate reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system.
- Accountable for accurate forecasting, regular quarterly revenue delivery, and the implementation of agreed account-level expansion plans.
- Provides customer feedback to internal stakeholders for product, systems, and process improvements.
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship with customer accounts of various sizes. As it’s a consumption-based sale, assigned accounts may be high in volume or larger and of the most complex nature. Hence assigned quota will vary.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
- Knowledge of the enterprise cloud platforms, SaaS, PaaS, and SaaS contracts
- Full functional knowledge of the deployment of software solutions and how consumption metrics drive expansion
- Maintain an understanding of Informatica’s subscription + Consumption pricing models to provide customers assistance in the usage/use case-based expansion discussions.
- Negotiate all facets of renewal contracts, Adoption, and consumption metrics to develop win/win negotiation strategies that maximize contract value while enhancing the customer relationship.
- Complete, “big-picture” understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts to drive departmental use case sales to enterprise-wide expansion sales.
- Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of field sales experience in the SaaS space.
- Experience within data management software selling is preferred.
- A clear track record of success in expanding SaaS subscriptions, demonstrated by overachievement of quota ($1M+ of ARR) and a very strong customer reference
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Expansion Sales Account Executive
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-NB2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US