Director of Governance, Compliance and Privacy
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • United States
Job Number: 33134
Position Title: Director, Information Security
Director of Governance, Compliance and Privacy – Redwood City, CA
We’re currently looking for an energetic Director of Governance, Compliance and Privacy with proven experience in leading information security certifications and international privacy regulations (including SOC2, SOX, FedRAMP, ISO27k, and GDPR) to join our global team. The ideal candidate is passionate about baking security into an innovation-driven culture and will be responsible to lead and grow a global team that ensures Informatica and its products and services meet our customers’ high standards for security and privacy.
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer, as our Director of Governance, Compliance and Privacy, you and your team will be responsible for defining our internal policies and standards, maintaining the associated governance programs that support them, and partnering across Informatica’s global organization to educate and ensure teams are meeting these requirements. In the role of Director of Governance, Compliance and Privacy, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment, and have a track record of partnering effectively with a diverse set of technical and non-technical professionals including IT, Legal, Sales, R&D, and external auditors.
Working as the Director of Governance, Compliance and Privacy you will rely on your strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills to operationalize with your team various regulatory and contractual requirements – turning them into effective and practical internal programs and procedures that ultimately support our cloud-first cloud-native vision.
Our customers consider our certifications and standards as competitive differentiators, which includes 9 of the Fortune 10, 84 of the Fortune 100, and 923 of the Global 2000. We also believe data is the most valuable competitive asset today as companies increasingly pursue digital transformation initiatives to modernize their businesses. Our cloud platform grew more than 60% since the previous year – processing over 27 trillion transactions/month and added several new products and features. As customers continue processing more data in our cloud platform and with increasingly complex use cases, the need for strong security and privacy governance becomes even greater. As the Director of Governance, Compliance and Privacy you and your team will use your deep expertise on current and upcoming standards to mature our internal programs and processes, based on our growing global commercial and public sector customer footprint.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Maintain and grow Informatica’s security compliance portfolio, including AICPA SOC2, HIPAA/HITECH, SOX / IT General Controls, FedRAMP Moderate, GxP/CGMP, ISM Protected, and UK Cyber Essentials. Develop and maintain a Unified Controls Framework (UCF) to streamline audit efforts.
- Manage and mature Informatica’s Privacy Protection operations – Ensure the organization is maintaining our Enterprise Data Privacy Assessment, Record Of Processing Activity, and Privacy Impact Assessments. Enforce and maintain our global privacy regulatory footprint including GDPR, CCPA/CRPA, and others. Follow-up with business owners to ensure they stay compliant, prepare executive briefings on risks and opportunities.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of Security and Privacy Policies, Procedures, Standards and KPIs as the basis for Informatica’s Information Security Management System. Assess and support Informatica’s compliance to the relevant regulations and standards, including SOX / IT General Controls, prioritize gaps based on risk, and manage remediation plans to timely completion.
- Develop our Security Awareness program that bakes security into Informatica’s culture. Educate and inspire through customized materials, in-person trainings, digital delivery and phishing simulations that creatively keeps workers safe.
- Interpret and educate partners on relevant legislation and industry frameworks, anticipate impact and competitive advantages to Informatica. Develop strategies and business justifications with Sales, R&D and our Strategy Office for additional product- or enterprise-level certification investments, such as ISO27k and international public sector certifications.
- Lead and inspire a high-performance team by setting high standards of execution, providing pragmatic leadership that balances business outcomes with compliance risk, and maintaining strong relationships with business partners to align program objectives with business goals.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline required; MS degree preferred
- CISSP, CISM, or CISA certifications preferred.
- 7-10 years Information Security and/or Compliance program development and enhancement; 5+ years of experience in IT compliance, IT Audit and Controls support and maintenance; 5 years of experience at a senior leadership level
- Demonstrated experience in the development and management of a comprehensive compliance program that pragmatically balances security and compliance risk with business outcomes.
What We’d Like to See
- Expert knowledge with SOX IT General Controls, HIPAA, SOC2, and FedRAMP. Familiarity with ISO27001, SOC1 and UCF.
- Excellent interpersonal, influence/negotiation skills, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate compliance related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Governance, Compliance and Privacy
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-KS1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US