Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 33297
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in full-stack web application development to join our team in Redwood City, California.
As our Senior Software Engineer in the Informatica Cloud team, you will be responsible for designing and building the next-generation cloud platform. In the role of Senior Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior Software Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
You will be based in Redwood City, CA, and will:
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Work with the QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making, and technical documentation
- Passionately share your knowledge: you enjoy mentoring team members, can communicate effectively, and clearly articulate and support UX decisions to a wide audience
- Assist customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems.
- 4 or more years of enterprise software development experience
- Strong experience in J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong object-oriented programming skills; good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Good understanding of software design patterns and Good coding and testing practices
- Familiarity with unit testing techniques for Web UI, Ant, JUnit, Eclipse
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative and be willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred.
What We’d Like to See
- Experience with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- Experience with Cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TG1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US