Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 33338
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Informatica Core Technology Connectivity team is responsible for building the connectivity to various different third-party systems that will power all Informatica Cloud-based products & services to fully exploit the huge opportunity from today’s megatrends – Cloud, Social and mobile.
Our Ideal Candidate
This position is suited for a highly energetic, self-driven individual who aspires to achieve challenging goals as part of his career objective. We are looking at hiring a Senior Software Engineer for the Connectivity Product Development team at Informatica who shall be responsible for product development in the area of building connectors for various Ecosystems or Endpoints like Azure, AWS, Snowflake, Google, etc.
- Development of new connectors and enhancing existing connectors using Java technologies as part of a team that builds an industry-leading web product based on Spark/Hadoop technologies. You will be responsible for Designing and developing connectors for different Informatica products.
- Writing high-quality code using your in-depth knowledge of Java, object-oriented concepts, algorithms, and data structures.
- Collaborating effectively with peer engineers, and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end components & features.
- Gathering and interpreting broad requirement specifications from customers/Product Management that is not yet fully defined.
- Producing techno-functional specs and designs based on high-level requirements.
- Estimating efforts, identifying risks, meet project schedules.
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoys challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast-growing distributed workplace
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Working with cross geographical R&D engineering
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other team members
- Utilize analytical skills in determining the root cause of problems and demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities based on changing requirements (such as urgent customer problems).
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science or related fields.
- Senior Software engineers (4-6 years of experience), experience working in enterprise products
- Excellent coding and design skills in Core Java server-side technologies and data structures.
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Tomcat is mandatory
- Experience with database concepts, SQL programming is mandatory
- Exposure to and experience in integration with or functional knowledge of cloud services and respective SDKs will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with open-source frameworks and API standards.
- Strong understanding of Object-oriented design and programming.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- Good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- Experience in Cloud Applications will be a strong Plus.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN