Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 33371
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer (Ops Team)
Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe -- ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
Informatica Cloud is the clear market leader of the Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) providers. We provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management and other Enterprise Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. You will be working on the Cloud Product Operations team, and will be responsible for the management, monitoring and operation of our services in production. We use cutting edge Cloud hosting, monitoring and deployment technologies to deliver a world class, non-disruptive Cloud user experience to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a bright, organized, and dedicated cloud operations engineer with deep knowledge and hands-on experience in Linux administration, Microsoft technologies, server monitoring, application management and Software engineering. You will become the primary contact in supporting our 24 x 7 SaaS operation environment, deploying data management products into Cloud (AWS, Azure and GCP), automate and improve the deployment experience in production, maintenance and monitoring the services. You will work closely with R&D, QA, Cloud Infrastructure and IT teams to implement product delivery processes, automation, monitoring and alerting tools. This position will report to Senior Manager of Cloud Production Operations and is based in the company’s Bangalore location. You will be a key contributor in a lean and high impact team that is aligned in different geographic locations. You are comfortable with supporting and operating high availability Cloud services and provide on-call support for Sev1 incidents on production and critical development/QA cloud environments. You will ensure patching of the Informatica products on the cloud, linux machines and databases, performance monitoring, documentation of tasks. You are self-motivated with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Implement, secure, scale and troubleshoot a global, multi-cloud management layer for Informatica’s cloud platform and products.
- Work closely with R&D, QA, Cloud Infrastructure and IT teams to implement product delivery processes, automation, monitoring and alerting tools and educate
- Educate and keep partners team informed on the best practice designs, proper implementations, high-performance optimizations, and self-service troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain greater than 99.9% availability.
- Through on alerting, monitoring and metrics implementations
- Willingness to be part of an on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience level and toolset experience in AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Familiar with managed Kubernetes environment like EKS AKS and GKE
- Knowledge on service mesh like Istio, service discover: consul , Secrete management: Vault
- Good scripting knowledge and hands on with Python(or equivalent), Jenkins.
- Strong analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stress.
- Highly accountable and willing to take ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner.
- Knowledge on Linux system right from kernel and up
- Very good Experience on all cloud stack tools on Deployment,configuration management, telemetry like Jenkins, Chef/Ansible, Prometheus, ELK,
Nice to Have
- Strong knowledge on K8, istio
- python development experience
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-CT1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN