Business Development Manager
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Job Number: 33385
Position Title: Business Development Manager
We’re looking for a talented Business Development Representative who will be responsible for identifying and qualifying enterprise account sales opportunities for Japan based in Tokyo. This is a business-to-business sales environment that requires positioning a technology solution to both IT and non-IT/LOB groups. The role focuses on identifying business need while also conducting information-gathering to help pre-qualify opportunities for the sales organization through phone and email contact.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a lot of energy matched with superb communication skills. You fuse these skills with your expertise to overcome objections and identify new accounts. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able apply your curiosity and knowledge about data integration and related technology to generate sales leads and potential customers.
Responsible for marketing the company’s products and/or services via telephone with inbound prospects. Takes information and answers questions typically generated by local and/or national advertising and prepares appropriate documentation. Qualifies leads on inbound inquiries as a result of marketing efforts and events. Qualified leads are typically directed to field and/or inside sales team for close. Mails marketing/sales literature to prospective customers, keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry as well as competitive posture of the company, and enhances awareness in the targeted business community of the company and its products/services. Prepares activity and forecast reports. Does not close the sale.Using your prospecting and account penetration skills, you’ll work to achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline and forecast goals as well as other defined objectives.
- Qualify accounts/opportunities to achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline goals
- Identify qualified sales opportunities in large, enterprise accounts
- Interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email
- Update lead and prospect activity in salesforce.com to ensure effective lead management
- Set qualified introductory meetings for the sales team
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Exceed weekly, monthly, quarterly lead development quota
- Ensure timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
- Devise digital marketing ideas and outbound campaigns to drive lead nurture and customer engagement
- Execute marketing events when needed with partners or Informatica-led
Knowledge and Skills
- Uses initiative and judgement to realized defined objectives.
- Understands role and applies knowledge to complete a variety of related tasks
- Accomplishes individual assigned tasks and collaborates well with others to achieve team objective
- Acquiring exposure to hybrid deployment of software solutions, SaaS, Cloud, AI and Data Management will be a plus
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in a similar role (technology or related a plus). Prior field marketing experience is a plus.
- Positive and energetic phone skills and excellent listening and writing skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Team player, high energy, reliable
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SaleLoft)
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus
- University degree or equivalent work experience
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Manager
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, JP