Senior Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 33391
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack with experience in software design and development of large-scale enterprise applications and platform services to join our Informatic Cloud Team in Redwood City, CA.
As a Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack and as part of an agile team member, you will be responsible for building the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Governance, and other Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. In the role of Principal Software Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment, and have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use
- JAVA SDK, J2EE Spring Framework, REST, JSON.
- Build tools such as Gradle, Maven, npm, webpack, rollup
- AWS/Azure/GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, mySQL, flyway, chef
What You’ll Do
- Design and build the next generation microservices-based cloud products using cutting-edge cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Kubernetes, to provide non-disruptive cloud data service to our customers
- Lead the full-stack feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Responsible for performance and scalability of the features
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Work with the QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing and review QA test specifications
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stakeholders to show progress against the requirements
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making, and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems.
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements (J2EE Spring Framework, REST etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in the DB layer (e.g. schema design and updates, migration)
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AS2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US