Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 33409
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
The Informatica Cloud team is responsible for building the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management, and other Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. Thousands of customers rely on our service for moving billions of records every day.
As a Lead Software Engineer of the Informatica Cloud team, you will work with world-class engineers to design and build the next generation microservices-based cloud platform using the latest cutting edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Saleforce.com, Microsoft Azure, and Docker, to provide non-disruptive cloud data integration service to our customers
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an experienced software engineer who has deep system expertise. You have significant experience on designing and developing large-scale distributed enterprise application and platform services. You enjoy working on technically challenging projects. You are willing to work on many different projects and interested in assuming various responsibilities. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangalore, India, and will:
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team, compose the feature design documents
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Provide detailed estimates of projects and meet project schedules
- Being part of the Agile team as an active member.
- Work with QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Give sprint demos to PMs other stakeholders to show progress against requirements
- Review QA test specifications and feature documents
- Participate in internal/cross-team meetings, scoping, decision making, and technical documentation
- Mentor junior engineers on technical, architectural, design, and related issues
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions
- Take architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Assisting customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- Responsible for performance and scalability of the features
- BE in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalable requirements
- Excellent coding and object-oriented design skills in Java
- Strong knowledge of Data Integration/Data Replication and/or Enterprise Application Integration product
- Familiarity with MVC and coding patterns
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support preferred
- Hands-on experience of J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, OSGi, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON preferred
- Solid knowledge of relational database system fundamentals desired
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AD1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN