User Experience (UX)-AI Intern
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 33455
Position Title: Intern
Informatica Empowers the Next-Gen Cloud Data Innovation. We believe data is the soul of business transformation. We help you transform it from simply binary information to extraordinary innovation with our Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC). It’s the only cloud dedicated to data management.
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) are powering the digital transformations happening in every industry worldwide. AI is top of mind for boardroom executives as a strategy to transform their businesses. And it has become pervasive in enhancing our daily life, from the movies we watch to the cars we drive.
The CLAIRE is Informatica’s AI engine that gives you Enterprise Unified Metadata Intelligence to accelerate productivity across the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud. Using machine learning and other AI techniques, CLAIRE applies the industry-leading metadata capabilities of the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud to accelerate and automate your core data management and governance processes.
The Informatica User Experience (UX) team propels a broad spectrum of data integration and management products' design and usability. We are a globally diverse, world-class group of designers and researchers responsible for shaping company-wide user experiences and innovation initiatives. We are creative, collaborative, and fun to work with, and we believe in recruiting the best. We care deeply about work-life balance and growing careers. AI Experience and Cross product team design and define the AI expression for entire Informatica products.
Join our User Experience team to help us design next-generation AI Experiences for data management tools, including Data and Applications Integration, Data Quality, Data Preparation, Big Data, API management, Data Security, and more. Impact the way people within organizations interact with and use data, from IT professionals to business users. Solve big, complex problems while collaborating in an exciting high-paced environment with other highly professional designers and researchers.
You will be engaging in data challenges with an AI-driven approach. Here are some of the examples of the projects you may be solving.
- Self-Integrating Systems
- Data Simulations & Anomaly detection
- Dynamic and Generative Interfaces
- Data Lineage and Graph Interfaces
- Active data protection and Data Management
- Individualization and Human task management, etc.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are researching centered design to create rich, scalable, high-productivity enterprise tools and abandons. Passionate about AI and Data to develop new ways of making the user experience. You enjoy working with other designers, developers, and product managers. You are interested in researching various articles, papers, and reports and exploring AI-driven designs backed with data. Most importantly, you relish interacting with users, having your design ideas and assumptions tested, and using users’ feedback and insights to create the best user experiences for them while meeting product requirements and business needs.
The successful intern will be responsible for:
- Work closely with an AI experience UX team, a cross-functional team of developers, and a product manager.
- Research various articles, reports, demos, etc., to have a deep understanding of the problem and available solutions.
- Think out of the box and ideate new AI-driven design concepts
- Create working design prototypes using front-end technologies and Data Viz tools.
- Create an interactive working concept with accurate data.
- Innovation for AI expression with has potential for novel ideas.
- Validate the design outcomes with users.
- Document the concept design for the final project.
- Ph.D. student in the areas of UX field from a reputed school.
- Ability to demonstrate previous project portfolio in AI, data visualization, and big data.
- Good knowledge in information visualization, design thinking, and ideating innovative concepts.
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles, UX Design, trends, and AI / emerging technologies
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must possess innovative thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge in using design tools like Figma, Adobe, or other prototyping tools.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: User Experience (UX)-AI Intern
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US