Commercial Counsel, North America
Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 33512
Position Title: Principal Legal Counsel
Informatica is currently looking for a Commercial Counsel with experience in software, SaaS (Cloud), partner, procurement and other agreements to join our team.
As Commercial Counsel, you will be responsible for negotiating on-prem, SaaS (Cloud), partner, procurement and other agreements involving a variety of complex and evolving issues. In the role of Commercial Counsel, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Commercial Counsel you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills. You will also provide programmatic support for key business initiatives and transactional process improvements. This is a hands-on individual contributor role in which you will interact daily with customers, vendors, partners, senior executives and other internal clients across multiple organizations including Sales, Finance, and Procurement.
What You’ll Do
- Structure, review and negotiate outbound (revenue) commercial software and Cloud services agreements, with a primary focus on public sector transactions, as well as services, partner, and procurement contracts.
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in agreements
- Respond promptly to the demands of an active technology sales team and their management
- Support business initiatives, new go to market structures and programs and other projects as required
- Juris Doctorate or equivalent from an accredited major law school and licensed to practice in the United States
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with some in house commercial licensing/SaaS experience preferred.
- Significant experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex software, SaaS, services, partner and procurement agreements
- Significant experience relating to software and SaaS centric issues, such as revenue recognition, tax, privacy, security, HIPAA, GDPR, intellectual property rights etc.
- Strong analytical, drafting, communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
What Does Success Look Like?
- Proactive, self-motivated, organized and able to meet multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment without substantial supervision
- Has intellectual curiosity and a desire for continuous learning
- Able to deal with ambiguity and develop creative and pragmatic solutions for complex and evolving issues in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrates consistently good judgment and impeccable integrity
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Counsel, North America
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US