Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 33630
Position Title: Software Engineer
Informatica Cloud Data Governance & Catalog team is responsible for machine-learning-based data catalog to enable organizations to classify, organize and search data assets across On-Premise and Big Data systems. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.
You have an opportunity to develop UI for major components of the next generation Cloud and On-Premise offering of the Cloud Data Governance, Catalog and Privacy applications. You will also work with customers to solve their problems using this new offering. You will be based in Redwood City to work closely with the Data Catalog and Data Privacy backend teams and customers. You will be working closely with UX, platform and backend teams across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
One who is highly motivated, experienced and professional with good understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming. Should have good experience in Web based product development using microservices and microfrontend. One who is technically strong in UI technologies and Informatica frameworks to work well with UX team specified wireframes. The candidate should exhibit good written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate with internal teams and customers. Should have excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines and help customers to meet their goals.
As part of the UI team, you will be responsible for:
- Development of next generation Cloud UI using frameworks defined within Informatica.
- Help unblock customers using this new offering based on knowledge of the underlying microservices.
- Has to understand and implement Accessibility, Security and Localization requirements as part of the UI development.
- Collaborating with backend/services teams to ensure on-time delivery of UI.
- Use UI unit testing and automation to make sure we deliver a high-quality user experience.
- Work in Agile software development team to deliver product and feature increments in short iterations.
- Bachelor’s, or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of developing Web-based UI, especially with Informatica frameworks.
- 2+ years of Data Governance and Catalog domain knowledge.
- Good understanding of Cloud technologies and container management systems.
- Strong debugging, problem-solving and programming skills.
- Hands-on experience in UI technologies/frameworks like jQuery, React.JS, Jasmine, Jest.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Data Structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in REST API development and use.
- Experience with Visual Studio Code, Maven, Linux.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Associate
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US