Senior QA Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 33658
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
The CDGC- Cloud Data Governance and Catalog team is part of Informatica’s Core Metadata Group. CDGC- Cloud Data Governance and Catalog is Informatica's machine-learning-based data governance product that lets you classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer QA with a proven record of functional and automation skills to join the CMG group in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test automation frameworks, programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools using Java to increase productivity and efficiency. You will play a key role in on-time product delivery with high quality and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
This position is suited for highly energetic self-driven individual who aspires to achieve challenging goals as part of his career objective. As an ideal candidate, you shall be responsible for conducting functional and concurrency tests with efficient usage of automation tools and API testing, and also provide feedback and advice to product development. You shall be able to efficiently prioritize and organize your tasks. You take ownership of component(s) and ensure that all aspects of quality are met. You have passion towards quality and are a constant innovator and process improvement to SQA procedures.
As an integral part of the CMG, R&D team you will be responsible for the following –
- Participate actively in functional, system, stress, longevity and regression testing activities
- Design and develop test cases based upon functional and design specifications
- Implement and maintain the test cases through appropriate tools.
- Analyze and report test results to product teams
- Maintain and enhance the existing test frameworks and internal QA tools.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation reviews
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve the bugs
- BE/BTech or M.Tech or MCA in computer science or related field
- 4+ years of enterprise software test experience with understanding of Agile Methodology
- Strong in core java and has good experience in developing/contributing to Enterprise products.
- Hands on experience with working on API automation
- CI/CD using jenkins
- Good debugging skills in Linux
- Knowledge on Docker, Kubernetes will be plus
- Experience with Selenium, GUI object recognition and customization is preferred but not mandatory
- Good problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Familiar with relational databases like MSSQL and Oracle and Filesystems like Amazon S3 and Google cloud storage.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Fast learner; able to pick up new ideas and approaches quickly; enjoys brainstorming on design and loves problem solving with a strong focus on teamwork
- Ability to communicate and express thoughts and ideas in a group
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements due to product limitations or driven by enterprise needs
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior QA Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MR2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN