Intern - DevOps Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 33770
Position Title: Intern
DevOps Engineer - Intern
The Informatica, DevOps Internship is an opportunity to grow your software development, DevOps methodologies/tools and engineering skills. You will be a member of our DevOps team in Redwood City, California. Our internship is designed for individuals who are currently enrolled at an accredited college/university and who will be continuing their studies in the fall. This opportunity is a paid, full-time and will be a 12 week long program starting in May/June 2022.
DevOps Engineers aim to reduce the gap between software development and software operations. As a member of the DevOps Team, you will learn and apply your technical knowledge to leverage tooling and automation to eliminate toil, encourage agility in the software development life cycle, reduce organizational silos and adopt continuous feedback mechanisms. This is an excellent opportunity to experience working to apply DevOps principles and receive one-on-one mentorship while being an integral part of an innovative and passionate Cloud Data Engineering DevOps team, developing the cloud deployment platform with microservices containerization and using Kubernetes to manage deployments with the goal of ensuring zero-downtime, high security, high availability, performance, scalability of production systems across AWS, Azure and GCP cloud ecosystems.
- Support internal teams in code deployments, configuration management, and tool maintenance for multiple environments on different cloud ecosystems across different geographies.
- Work closely with Development, QA, and other stakeholders to define, implement and support automated deployments to various environments.
- Develop automation pipelines for CI/CD operations from dev to prod.
- Monitor, debug and troubleshoot operational issues in AWS/GCP/Azure cloud ecosystems.
- Authoring technical documentation for workflows/processes/best practices.
Technologies You’ll Use:
- Python/Java/Groovy, Linux scripting
- Container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
- Cloud ecosystems AWS/Azure/GCP
- Perforce, Git version control systems
- Chef, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- ELK, Prometheus
- You are pursuing a BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Knowledge working with a programming language preferably one of Python, Groovy, Bash or a willingness to learn those.
- Familiarity working with Linux/Unix environments.
- Exudes a serious but positive and healthy attitude towards work.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of configuration management systems (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
- Exposure to Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with any cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - DevOps Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AS2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US