Intern- Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 33782
Position Title: Intern
Informatica is currently looking for a Software Engineer Intern to join our team for the Summer in Redwood City, California to implement capabilities to core cloud platform services.
As a Software Engineer Intern, you will be responsible for developing a system that accepts a templatized set of data elements and invokes REST APIs to persist them in the platform service repository. This is aimed at simplifying the onboarding of other Informatica products to platform services. In the role of a Software Engineer Intern, you must be self-motivated to learn, collaborate, and able to adapt to a fluid, fast-paced environment.
The Informatica Cloud team is responsible for building the leading Integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, and Master Data Management solutions. Thousands of customers rely on our service for moving billions of records every day.
Technology You’ll Use
- Java Script
- UX design tools
What You’ll Do
As a software engineer intern on the Informatica Cloud team, you will work with a world-class team of engineers to design and build the market-leading Informatica Data Management Cloud platform.
- Graduating before June 2024 with a B.S./M.S. majoring in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Must be a student currently enrolled with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Experience in J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, Java SDK, REST Web Services, XML, and JSON
- Experience in MVC and coding patterns
- Strong Object-Oriented programming skills; good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with unit testing techniques with JUnit
- Experience with the development of Kubernetes based applications is preferred
- Experience with cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support would be plus
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to multi-task and troubleshoot technical issues efficiently
- Detail-oriented, with a desire to complete projects accurately, with quality and on-time
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Intern- Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-AS2
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US