Desktop Systems Associate
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Job Number: 33830
Position Title: Desktop Systems Associate
End User Services Analyst
Informatica Corporation is the Enterprise Leader in Cloud Data Management. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on-premise and in the Cloud.
You will be a part of a very knowledgeable, skilled team of level 2 End User Services technicians. Our team ranges across the globe supporting the internal employees of Informatica. End User Services is a very collaborative, fun, customer-centric group, which strives to provide world-class customer service to our users.
You will be responsible for providing IT support across a wide range of services to internal Informatica customers for the Austin, TX office. A key part of your role will be to work closely with IT’s regional customers to better understand their needs and to propose technical solutions to day-to-day business problems. The role is based at Dublin, IE office and reports into the End User Services Support manager. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have experience with front line and second line IT support. Must have strong customer-focused skills with service and solution-orientated approach dealing with users. Strong communication skills and be able to influence and persuade people. Must be analytical and able to apply structured approaches to problem-solving. Must be well-organized, good at prioritizing and attentive to detail. Excellent time management skills and ability to work to strict timescales. Must be self-motivated and can work alone as well as in a team.
- Being the local IT point of contact for the business
- Collecting feedback from customers and acting as a translator between IT and the business and understanding how Informatica’s business works
- Acting as a technical consultant for the business, solving technical problems that add business value
- Initial setup of IT services as part of the new hire process (incl. delivering IT induction)
- Ongoing configuration and maintenance of IT-supported hardware and software standards
- Software and hardware installation, setup and configuration (e.g. system imaging)
- Software and hardware fault analysis, troubleshooting and fault resolution
- Occasionally conducting training programs such as brown-bag sessions designed to educate Informatica’s internal users about getting the most from their applications
- Ad hoc setup and configuration of desk telephone equipment and softphones
- Provide second-level application support for various productivity applications and tools
- IT support of regional office moves, expansions, and acquisitions
- IT support as part of project roll-outs and migrations
- Providing executive support and special event management support
- Providing emergency support for regional sites
- Representing regional customer needs when working with other IT teams
- Ensuring that IT services meet and at times exceeds customer expectations
- Ensuring consistent delivery of quality solutions that meet operational deadlines
- Working closely with the global desktop, networking and operations teams to ensure the smooth delivery of IT solutions into the region
- Regional testing of software patches, updates, and new software packages
- Collecting, tracking and documenting information as part of the inventory of IT assets
- VIP Support including laptop health checks for C Level executives
- Event Management, All Hands meeting support and conferencing for 5000+ employees
- Creating and maintaining technical and KB documentation and procedures
- Tracking all support and change requests through the ServiceNow application
- Local network cabling as part of infrastructure management
- Demonstrating accountability and see him or herself as responsible for IT meeting customer expectations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a desktop support role in IT
- Industry recognized engineering, computer science or IT Bachelor level degree
- Must have very good knowledge of computer hardware and software in general
- Proven track record supporting MS Windows operating systems (particularly Windows 7 and 10), Active Directory and MS Office (including MS Outlook)
- Must be flexible in terms of availability and ability to travel to other regional offices (around 25% of the time).
- Must have good written and verbal English skills
- Linux and/or Apple Mac Experience
- Familiarity with phone systems such as Cisco VoIP desk phones
- Experience working on projects
- Experience in a Customer Support call center environment
- Experience using a helpdesk or IT issue and problems tracking system such as ServiceNow
- Experience setting up and configuring Lenovo laptops and desktops
- Experience setting up new offices from the ground up (including cabling and other IT services)
- Has worked in large multi-national environments that span the globe
- A good understanding of “Quality” as it relates to customer satisfaction
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Desktop Systems Associate
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-JF1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US