Lead QA Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 33960
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
The Enterprise Data Catalog team is part of Informatica’s Core Metadata Group. Enterprise Data Catalog is Informatica's machine-learning-based data catalog that lets you classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.
We are looking for a Senio Software Engineer QA with a proven record of functional and automation skills to join the CMG group in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth, write test automation frameworks, programs to assure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools using Java to increase productivity and efficiency. You will play a key role in on-time product delivery with high quality and drive customer success through R&D level support and related engagements. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.
Quality testing includes:
- Responding to reported problems and verifying the same.
- Execute tests, analyze test failures, and suggest potential fixes to bugs found during release testing.
- Own, test, and certify subsystems of the product.
- Deliver high-quality products.
- Work in a global team environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are an independent, innovative, and resourceful Lead QA engineer with advanced problem-solving skills, a high degree of competency in certifying enterprise software products for customer delivery, and enjoy working in a fast-paced product development organization. You are a quick learner, passionate, and experienced in testing components that are part of the distributed server infrastructure.
As part of the Quality testing team, you will be responsible for:
- Act as a QA representative performing duties as an individual contributor or a team member with 100% hands-on work
- Generate test data, develop and execute test plans for black-box functional and non-functional testing
- Work with R&D and QA in different geographical locations and time zones to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Work closely with QA and DEV Manager for continuous process improvement
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities to ensure automation is covered for all cases as part of every release
- Design, develop and maintain the test cases for end to end testing in product
- Communicate effectively with developers and QA peers and other stakeholders in the organization
- Strong academic background - BE/MS/MCA in Computer Science.
- 6+ years of QA experience.
- OOPs concept, AOP concepts, Java, Rest API, Scripting languages
- QA framework development experience is a must. Rest API based or UI
- Flexible to learn and explore new tech stack for framework development
- Code Coverage tools and Dev Code Debugging skills experience is must
- Experience with testing framework using Jmeter is a strong plus
- Experience with testing either CRM software(Salesforce, Siebel, etc) or cloud technologies, Microservice architecture, High availability is a strong plus
- Strong background in product testing particularly with large-scale enterprise products is desirable.
- Prior experience in testing MDM/DWH/ETL products a strong plus.
- New age DB technologies like document DB’s (Mongo, Document DB)
- Comprehensive understanding of SDLC and QA methodologies, procedures, and QA documentation.
- Familiar with all aspects of QA including functional, compatibility, load balancing and performance testing
- Experience in implementing complex functional tests that require an understanding of the application logic
- Experience working with Partners and across Organizations would be an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent logical, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- The capability of working with a wide range of complex computing environments
- Willingness and ability to work on fast-paced projects
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead QA Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SP3
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN