Location: United Kingdom
Job Number: 34033
Position Title: Manager, Presales
Manages pre-sales technical staff and support activities for the development and implementation of complex products, applications, and solutions. Provides and/or oversees pre-sales technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations. Serves as company liaison on specific technical projects with customers. May provide product feasibility analysis in support of sales efforts with sales representatives. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. This is a field pre-sales role that requires travel to customer locations up to, and may exceed, 25 % of the time, based on the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyses, explains, and sells the technical aspects of the solution to customers.
• Promotes the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives while building long-term relationships with customers.
• Serves as a technical coach to colleagues in sales, professional services, product management and engineering.
• May prepare and deliver differentiated solution presentations/demonstrations or technical proposals to prospective customers.
• Qualifies, manages, monitors technical validation activities, including demos, workshops, proof of concepts.
• Coordinates and organises demand generating activities like accounts days, tradeshows, marketing events or customer workshops.
• Manages a team of consultants and resources: allocation of pre- sales for each opportunity (Lead SC), training, review.
• Holds self and team accountable for timely documentation, as applicable, within CRM / Marketing software of activity data (e.g. technical win forecasting, activity logging and technical close plans).
• Drives team readiness managing hiring process timely, conducting performance reviews, coaching and developing team technical skills.
• Speaks in customer / marketing forums to increase brand awareness and propagate Informatica solutions/platform and gain mindshare and marketshare.
Knowledge & Skills
- Uses experienced leadership skills to manage, mentor, and influence the work of others within the presales team.
• Delivers upon strategic initiatives and communicates adeptly across the organisation.
• Demonstrates industry technical knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
• Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, negotiation, and executive presence skills.
• Independently determines approach to managing team and daily operations.
• Enthusiastic leader with demonstrated ability to lead and compel others to achieve objectives.
• Identifies, selects, and grows team by imparting knowledge transfer and developing presales staff as individuals and as a team.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience as a PreSales
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience as a manager or comparable experience in leading project teams
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Presales
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-MJ1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, GB