Lead Performance Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34058
Position Title: Lead QA Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Performance Engineer with a proven record of performance automation, performance testing and engineering to deliver high performance, scalable and stable enterprise-class software. In this role, you will be responsible for creating performance automation scripts, executing, monitoring and analyzing the performance bottleneck of the product. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to delivering product functionalities across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with performance engineering skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures.
The performance testing engineer will also get pulled into escalated production performance issues. That means they will need to be able to perform under pressure, manage multiple concurrent tasks, and present information clearly and concisely to upper management.
What we are looking for:
- Design and develop performance test plans, test cases based upon requirements and Customer use cases
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design. Expertise in capturing the performance metrics and providing suggestions, sizing guidelines and hardware recommendations etc.
- Proven experience in identifying performance bottlenecks and measuring the performance of enterprise applications and servers
- Create and execute JMeter scripts for performance use cases
- Experience with performance monitoring tools and understanding performance metrics
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring fault tolerance and metrics
- Must have expertise in application profiling tools Yourkit, JProfiler, Jprobe or any other java profiler
- Knowledge of Perl or Shell scripting to analyze logs quickly and isolate the performance issue
- Strong working knowledge in Linux/Unix/Windows Operating system and tuning operating system parameters
- Experience in performance analysis, tuning and query optimization of at least one of the relational databases like Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL etc.
- Experience with CI/CD processes. Ensure to have the end-to-end performance execution plans for complete release cycles, starting from Code check-in to the production deployment
- Identify latest green build from devint Jenkins and deploy to perf for every microservice
- Build scripts to hit various endpoints along passing parameters and stubbing dependent services
- Work closely with the development teams to analyze the performance issues, debug and resolve any issues
- Understand business use cases, internal/external performance Benchmarks, debugging performance issues, designing automation framework, decision making on issues, technical assistance in performance analysis and tuning DB/OS etc.
- A deep understanding of performance testing methodologies, like Performance Testing Guidelines for Web and JAVA Applications.
- Influences and communicates effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management
- Hands-on experience working with AWS stack/Azure/GCP
- Experience in Cloud performance tech – Dockers, Kubernetes, kiali, Prometheus
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch, Kafka
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree
- 7+ years of technical experience in performance testing and engineering with 5+ years of working experience on cloud-native applications/services/platforms
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Performance Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-CT1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN