Principal Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34117
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Informatica Database Ingestion and Replication is a relatively new and fast growing product helping our customers easily ingest and replicate data from traditional databases to their cloud data lakes and cloud data warehouses. Our team is focused on rapidly expanding the breadth of the sources and targets that we support along with ongoing core infrastructure enhancements.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer with a proven record of designing, developing and delivering enterprise class software to join a new small but expanding team in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will be responsible for design and development of additional source and target connectivity solutions whilst also participating in ongoing core infrastructure enhancements.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual with proven Java design and development skills, an interest in working with both traditional and cloud data sources and targets and a passion for ongoing innovation.
As an integral part of the Database Ingestion and Replication team, you will be responsible for the following.
- Java based development of robust and performant connectivity and infrastructure components along with estimation of the effort involved and driving the design and implementation.
- Participating and sharing in good continuous integration and delivery practices
- Collaborating with peers, including QA team, architects, and product managers to build the best product for our users
- Working with customer support organization in delivering hotfixes, emergency bug fixes and patches on an as needed basis.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with junior team members.
- Assisting customers, field engineers and support team with troubleshooting problems
- Reporting to the local development manager.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- 6 or more years of professional software development experience in developing innovative enterprise products using object-oriented languages.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Java development and familiarity with established design patterns.
- Proven experience with concurrent multi-threaded software development.
- Strong experience using development tools like Eclipse, Maven, Jira and Perforce is mandatory.
- Proven experience with a variety of data sources and targets including traditional relational databases or NoSQL
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, debugging and analytical skills.
- Energetic and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to think creatively.
Good working knowledge of the following is definitely an advantage
- Familiarity with cloud ecosystems and associated connectivity
- Cloud microservice infrastructures
- REST APIs
- Continuous integration and delivery
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-DN1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN