Director, Finance, APJ
Multiple Locations: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia • Singapore
Job Number: 34139
Position Title: Director, Finance
Reporting to the EMEA Finance VP, the Director, Finance for APJ has 4 direct reports across the region. This role can be based in either Sydney or Singapore.
The main responsibilities of the role is for all aspects of financial analysis, control, and compliance for the region. Provide support to local sales teams and all other business functions and leaders in region and at corporate to drive strategic growth, planning and to support effective decision making. In addition, experience across the following areas/geographical requirement:
- Responsible for accurately reporting financial performance of the region to APJ & US management in US and Regional GAAP as required
- Responsible for ensuring all statutory obligations of the region are achieved and to ensure full transparency of all transactions, obligations, and activities.
- Responsible for overseeing the processing of payroll for the regions
- Oversee and co-ordinate statutory, regional tax authorities and internal audits for the region.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring SOX compliance for the region.
- Support FP&A related to the review of monthly spend and to help provide commentary on variances where necessary.
- Provide pro-active support and guidance to regional sales teams on deal structures to meet our Revenue Recognition and VSOE requirements. Oversea order to invoice process.
- Control and oversee all regional Treasury functions including cash forecasts, DSO, and foreign currency balances for Corporate Treasury to manage currency and balance risks
- Manage and develop the regional finance team to ensure effective business support
- Work in partnership with regional business leaders and provide financial direction.
- Identify process inefficiencies and streamline where possible to support continued business growth updating or issuing new policies and procedures as required.
- Assist FP&A with the annual budgeting process for the region.
- Assist with due diligence during acquisitions and manage post acquisition integration.
- Manage and oversee Regional Facilities, Insurances, and Company Secretarial Duties including related headcount.
- Coordinate closely with HR, Legal and MIS to ensure policies and processes are followed.
- Manage and monitor all intercompany flows to assure compliance to Intercompany Agreements including:
- Calculation and booking of intercompany transactions
- Forecast intercompany flows on a quarterly basis and coordinate with Treasury the settlement of intercompany transaction
- Assure that all current IC balances are settled in a timely manner, if funds are not available, coordinate with Tax and Treasury to provide funds to those entities
- Alert Treasury on timing of large intercompany transactions to assure that any FX risk on settlement is highlighted and minimized, if possible
- Work closely with Treasury and Tax to identify countries with large accumulation of cash and assist with cash repatriation planning to the US
- Work with the Corporate tax team and local tax advisors to ensure our compliance with all transfer pricing requirements.
- Be the central point for APJ Cash Forecasting. On a monthly basis, help Treasury research deviations from Cash forecast to actual.
- Manage Revenue forecasting process by Business Unit (BU).
- Develop process to integrate available sales quota and sales headcount data to build our revenue by BU model
- Test process against actual data from prior periods
- Update process quarterly and manage “management judgment” input in process
- Work with local finance to schedule cash tax payments for input into cash forecasting model
Key skills and competencies
- A qualified Accountant in country of employment
- Experience in working in MNC's
- Oracle Cloud experience preferred
- Strong US GAAP with local, statutory reporting and tax knowledge
- Revenue recognition understanding of 606 would be an advantage
- Contract negotiating experience
- To be self-sufficient and work in a team environment
- Customer focus both internally and externally
- Attention to detail, but understands how to access areas of risk
- Able to lead not just manage
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent system skills, all Microsoft offerings
The role will require this Finance leader to align to the 'DATA' Values of Informatica.
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Finance, APJ
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU