Partner Marketing Manager
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Job Number: 34241
Position Title: Field Marketing Manager 3
Informatica is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives and fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks.
Our outstanding marketing team provides a strategic infrastructure that supports all elements of the Informatica business and is specifically focused on supporting our sales team with the information, insights and materials they need to exceed their goals. Whether we’re in corporate communications, marketing communications, marketing operations or out in the field, our collective mission is to provide critical data and insights, increase awareness of the Informatica brand, and dramatically grow our market leadership in the data integration industry.
Reporting directly to the Director, Marketing Japan and aligned to the Director, Partner Marketing APJ, you will focus on the strategic planning and execution of partner marketing programs that drive pipeline generation and conversion to support revenue goals. You will also have responsibility to build long term marketing relationships with our Japanese Partners within our Channel (local resell and distributor), Alliances (global and local global system integrators), and ISV eco-system (ie AWS, Microsoft, Snowflake, Databricks, Google, Oracle and others).
Our Ideal Candidate
The right candidate has proven success in partner/channel marketing – with proven strategic development and executional experience with an emphasis on integrated partner campaign management – digital marketing, high touch, social marketing & selling – a passion for technology, and an entrepreneurial spirit that enables the professional to work relatively independently.
To be successful in this role, the right candidate needs to be a strong communicator and relationship builder. You will need to manage internal and external sales relationships while working within the Japan team and reporting to the Director, Marketing Japan. You will receive full support from the Regional Partner Marketing Director and Japan Field Marketing Team.
You meet each new challenge with a positive can-do attitude; your confidence is contagious. Your enthusiasm and initiative set you apart from the rest. You're committed to establishing and maintaining customer satisfaction and possess a variety of tools to get the job done. You have a strong work ethic supported by the ability to define priorities, solve problems independently and a commitment to both internal and external customers. You thrive in a team environment, yet feel equally at ease when tasked with self-driven jobs. Balancing the demands of sales and marketing with the needs of your stakeholders – both internal and external – is second nature to you. In addition, you'll also have the following attributes:
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks to reach team goals and requirements
- A solid understanding of established marketing practices
- The people skills necessary to understand the needs of your partner base
The Partner Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic development, management, and execution of demand generation programs aligned to our corporate strategy that drive incremental pipeline for our Channel business. You will work with our Japan Partner Sales Manager to establish and leverage relationships with our Partners.
Working with the Japan Director of Field Marketing and Japan sales team and under the direction of the APJ Partner Marketing Director, you will propose annual marketing plans to support the Japanese sales strategy and achieve the Channel business financial targets.
Aligning with our overall corporate business strategy and our APJ Partner Marketing strategy, you will engage with Partners to build campaigns that communicate our brand positioning and value proposition for each partner.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Field Marketing and Sales team to build go-to-market programs with channel, alliance and ISV ecosystem partners that allow Informatica to deliver unique value propositions and drive growth.
- Develop annual marketing strategy, that supports the Partner GTM, to drive pipeline within our channel, alliance and ISV ecosystem partners.
- Work with partners to organize and execute joint integrated campaigns including digital, social and events.
- Support our partner’s usage of our global marketing development funds (MDF)
- Build post-launch engagement strategies to facilitate ongoing partner relationships
- Work with the Global/APJ Marketing Manager to develop partner case studies/references to increase awareness externally and internally
- Align with our PR team on partner related press.
- Leverage tools, systems and processes to track the success of each program/quarterly plan
- Serve as the point of contact for Partner Marketing related inquiries from the Japan channel, alliance and ISV ecosystem partners
- Ensure alignment across all points of our internal departments; Japan field marketing and Partner Sales Management, APJ Partner marketing, corporate marketing, legal and operational or other as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with technology relevant to Informatica’s Enterprise Cloud Data Management platform
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Business, Marketing or IT
- 7-10 years in managing lead-generation programs, traditional, digital and social
- 2-3 years in specifically developing partner/channel campaigns and managing relationships with partners
- Marketing experience with high tech company/product/service.
- Strong conversational English.
- Proven track record in creating innovative and targeted partner marketing programs that generate results.
- A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services.
- Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution.
- Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion.
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Must possess strong business acumen, keen business analysis skills and strong direct marketing experience.
- Able and willing to travel as required mostly within Japan, and occasionally internationally
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Partner Marketing Manager
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag: #LI-Remote
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-OG1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, JP