Director Strategic Ecosystems
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 34253
Position Title: Director, Technical Alliances
Informatica is the enterprise cloud data management leader, helping enterprises overcome critical business challenges by leading with the power of data. Processing trillions of cloud transactions a month, Informatica enables the world’s most innovative companies to take a cloud-first, cloud-native approach to modernize their data infrastructure, gain a 360-degree view of their business, and drive data governance and privacy. Informatica is the market leader in every category of enterprise data management we address and has been the trusted partner to every industry and scale. Connect with Informatica at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
The Strategic Ecosystems team is a primary center of growth, with ecosystems being a strategic priority and investment area for the company. The team defines and drives the strategy and go-to-market programs with Informatica’s top strategic ecosystem partners to accelerate growth through high-value product innovation, joint solution focus, co-sell alignment and joint marketing and demand generation program execution.
The team plays a critical role in platform innovation and expanding Informatica offerings to support the latest market and technology trends around Data Management including Data Integration, Data Quality, Application Integration, Cloud Analytics, Data Governance and Master Data Management.
The Director, Strategic Ecosystem Alliances, will lead the strategy, business plan and GTM program associated with Informatica’s solutions for Informatica’s partnership with one or more strategic ecosystems. This includes aligning with partner, product, sales, marketing teams to help drive the GTM product strategy, field engagement strategy, product communication strategy, customer activities, sales enablement, existing account development and all activities required to support the sales funnel for direct and partner sales, and continuous customer engagement activities to support deployments and customer reference assets.
- You will help shape the direction of Informatica data management product portfolio that enables us to further our leadership position in a highly competitive and rapidly changing market.
- You will:
- Nurture and establish key relationships with our partners and collaborate to define joint products and solutions that uniquely differentiate Informatica products with ecosystem offering(s)
- Evangelize the platform, representing Informatica at industry events and with customers, prospects, partners as well as internal groups such as Product marketing, Sales, System Integrators, Alliances and Customer Support
- Develop and drive the execution of strategic GTM programs
- Cultivate deep relationships with ecosystem field sales, channel, partner and marketing organizations
- Develop and drive Informatica’ s ecosystem technical and sales enablement programs.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Possess a unique blend of technical and business savvy and the drive to establish and accelerate strong execution with our partners.
- Enjoys spending time understanding the market and technology shifts, understanding customer problems, synthesizing customer needs and developing and nurturing strong partner relationships.
- Has relevant experience and technical knowledge on Cloud Platforms and/or enterprise middleware products.
- Is effective in articulating the value proposition/story at varying depth depending upon audience types –Customers, Partners, Decision Makers, Business, Sales and Industry Analysts.
- Is a leader who makes things happen working collaboratively while providing leadership to various cross functional teams within and outside the organization.
- Can author and execute against complex GTM strategies. Identify key marketing collateral and sales plays to support Informatica business goals for one or more ecosystem.
- Can develop and drive product launch activities with product, field and marketing teams.
- You must be data-driven, highly analytical with a relentless focus on customer success.
- Partner/Alliances expertise in planning and executing joint plans with cloud ecosystems and/or cloud-market leaders.
- You must be excited by the challenge of rolling up your sleeves and work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment. This is a high-impact role and you will work closely with the ecosystems at all levels and also with the various divisions of Informatica and Informatica’s senior leadership.
- Can develop and champion product positioning, develop sales strategy, validate market messaging, and evangelize your product offerings both internally and externally.
- Can perform competitive analysis, market, and industry research and leverage your broad industry experience to help develop new ideas and solutions.
- Must have a passion for the customer experience, optimization, experimentation, and continuous improvement..
- Is willing to Travel post COVID restrictions (approximately 30-40% both domestic and international) for partner visits, field alignment activities, industry conferences, supporting marketing activities at trade shows.
Your Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience partnering or working with cloud ecosystems and/or in-depth experience with ecosystem go-to-market and partnering strategy
- 10+ years in product management, product marketing, sales consulting, technology/ISV partnerships or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a distributed team.
- Ability to establish, communicate and manage work objectives for team.
- Prior experience in driving expansion of a software product across technology partner ecosystems and channels.
- Experience with developing engagement with Sales, Marketing, Sales Consulting, Customer success and Partner teams
- Experience in driving the success of both mature, stable products as well as new and innovative product concepts.
- Experience performing market analysis and competitive analysis and define market requirement documents.
- Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences
- Ability to clearly articulate and present the product value proposition internally and externally with customers and partners.
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS, SaaS, and Data Management technologies. Experience with cloud analytics products and technologies is a plus.
- Track record of instigating go-to-market plans and subsequent sales follow-though
- Experience with middleware (application development and integration) products and technologies is a plus.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills; solid business acumen; well-honed influencing skills are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team are a must
- Proven organizational and project management skills; ability to multi-task and work on several assignments concurrently required.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Director
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director Strategic Ecosystems
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US