Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Job Number: 34323
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
The Enterprise Data Catalog team is part of Informatica’s Core Metadata Group. Enterprise Data Catalog is Informatica's machine-learning-based data catalog that lets you classify and organize data assets across cloud, on-premises, and big data. It provides maximum value and reuse of data across the enterprise.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with a proven record of developing and delivering enterprise class software to join the CMG group in our Bangalore location. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development and delivery of strategic connectors that bring in core metadata from external systems to EDC. You will work in a fast-paced environment delivering product and feature increments in short iterations. Your technical skills will be very critical to deliver product functionalities across releases.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent coding skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures.
As an integral part of the CMG, R&D team you will be responsible for the following –
- Development of new connectors using Java technologies
- Development of new features & enhancements on the connector framework and connector SDK
- Collaborating effectively with peer engineers, and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end components & features.
- Handling customers escalations that are routed to R&D from Global customer support (would require you to re-prioritize your tasks efficiently)
- Gathering and interpreting broad requirement specifications from customers/Product Management that are not yet fully defined.
- Producing techno-functional specs and designs based on high level requirements.
- Estimating efforts, identify risks, meet project schedules.
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast growing distributed workplace
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related fields.
- 6+ years of experience in developing enterprise software products using Java technologies
Excellent coding and design skills in Java server-side technologies, object-oriented concepts and Java open source frameworks is mandatory
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Linux, Tomcat is mandatory
- Experience with database concepts, SQL programming is mandatory
- Working experience in Hadoop technologies like Hbase, Titan, Solr is a plus
Good working knowledge of Hadoop infrastructure like YARN, Ambari and distributions like Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR is a plus
- Exposure to and experience in integration with or functional knowledge of applications like Azure, AWS, Oracle, SAP, Tableau, Salesforce, QlikView, Microstrategy, Teradata, Cognos etc, will be an added advantage
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Familiarity with Agile development process
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SP3
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN